In favor or renewing Trident?

Renew Trident?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Renew Trident?

• Yes, renew them - money well spent!
    • No, get rid, it's a waste of money we haven't got!

Hospitals are stretched to breaking point, schools are under more pressure than ever, university fees are higher than ever.

It seems we are paying more for just about everything at the moment.

Do you think North Korea pose enough of a threat to justify spending billions on renewing our nuclear arsenal? Or do you think the money could be better spent?

We need a nuclear arsenal to keep NK in it's place, also to keep 'the next' NK in it's place.

I don't know what Trident needs replacing tho, is it out of date - do they not work anymore?

You don't have to be particularly accurate with an A-bomb, as long as the city in question gets demolished it counts as an accurate hit in my book.

Bin trident!

We cant evcen fire the damn thing without americas say so.

They run the tracking and guidance systems for the nukes so whats the point in spending billions for something we need to ask permission to use???

We need a nuclear arsenal to keep NK in it's place, also to keep 'the next' NK in it's place.

I don't know what Trident needs replacing tho, is it out of date - do they not work anymore?

You don't have to be particularly accurate with an A-bomb, as long as the city in question gets demolished it counts as an accurate hit in my book.

But there's no way North Korea could reach us with a missile.

Its better to have it & not need it.....

Than to need it & not have it!

Simples!

But Trident is hugely expensive which has been irrelevant to all the Muslim wars we have chosen to involve ourselves in, so maybe it would be better to spend the money on conventional arms and scale back?

But Trident is hugely expensive which has been irrelevant to all the Muslim wars we have chosen to involve ourselves in, so maybe it would be better to spend the money on conventional arms and scale back?

I'd agree with that to a point, but can't we just use/recycle what we have? If not, can't we just say we've got one ? Who would know ?

Archived