In favor or renewing Trident?

Renew Trident?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Renew Trident?

• Yes, renew them - money well spent!
    • No, get rid, it's a waste of money we haven't got!

As you can't know what the future holds, you can't know that the money could be spent more sensibly.

I think I can safely guess that our nuclear "deterrant" will never get used, not because it will deterring anyone but because or "enemies" will be terrorists that you cant nuke. Spending the money on most things would be a more useful spend than spending it on something we know full well will never be used and indeed costs a fortune just to keep safe!!!

I think I can safely guess that our nuclear "deterrant" will never get used, not because it will deterring anyone but because or "enemies" will be terrorists that you cant nuke. Spending the money on most things would be a more useful spend than spending it on something we know full well will never be used and indeed costs a fortune just to keep safe!!!

It’s used all the time, and how do you know who our future enemies will be, do you possess a crystal ball.

The Nazi's attacked us and attempted to invade us when we didn't have nuclear weapons.

no-one had workable nuclear weapons at the time

it was a totally different world to the one we live in now

we have been at war with virtually all our current allies at one time or another in the past

i'm not sure we should be basing our current and future defence policy on something that happened over 70 years ago when the world was a completely different place

Im not accusing anyone that has contributed to this thread of this but has anyone considered the possibility that some of those that protest against us having nuclear weapons are doing so on behalf of certern states? I'll bet there were a few ruskies in CND back in the day.

Archived