In favor or renewing Trident?

Renew Trident?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Renew Trident?

• Yes, renew them - money well spent!
    • No, get rid, it's a waste of money we haven't got!

Well there are only a few countries with a nuclear capability that could strike the UK mainland with a nuclear tipped ballistic missile.

China

Russia

USA

Israel

India

Pakistan

And of course they are all really desperate to nuke us if we give up trident?

Question, whats stopping them nuking Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Norway etc? They dont have trident.

---------- Post added 24-04-2013 at 19:06 ----------

It’s not possible to know because it’s a deterrent and deterrents deter people.

So its as good as my elephant deterrent that I carry around with me? Why shouldnt the government to pay me for it? After all its been preventing full scale destruction by elephants for over 55 yrs

And of course they are all really desperate to nuke us if we give up trident?

You can bet that fingers are hovering over buttons in China, waiting for the announcement.

If I was Iran, Syria or North Korea, I'd want to deter the US from nuking us. According to deterrent principles, nuclear weapons are the only way of doing it.

So it's ok for Rouge States to build and fire off nuclear missiles as long as they don't hit us :loopy:

Why would they want to hit us ?

The only reason I can think of is because we we can't keep our nose out .

There are however , three reasons for not renewing it :-

(1) . We are no longer a world power . Regardless of how much we would like to be or think we are .

(2) . We can not afford it .

(3) . We were considered to be the strategic first line of defence for America against Eastern Europe . Which no longer applies .

There are many other reasons which apply , but which all come under the purview of (1) , (2) and (3), namely that , in these times of austerity , our people are being made to make such sacrifices for a system on its uppers that it is criminal to demand such expense from our people by duplicity .

We need a nuclear arsenal to keep NK in it's place, also to keep 'the next' NK in it's place.

I don't know what Trident needs replacing tho, is it out of date - do they not work anymore?

You don't have to be particularly accurate with an A-bomb, as long as the city in question gets demolished it counts as an accurate hit in my book.

Trident, or a worthy successor, is essential for UK defence. However, nukes are no good against Trojans, and there lies our real problem!

Does everyone in a rouge state have nice rosy cheeks?:hihi:

Don't you think that China will have a far greater influence with NK rather than any of the western countries .China is already exerting pressure on NK. I would suggest that their diplomatic reasoning with NK would be far better than the western world beating the drums of war . Gung Ho politics doesn't always solve the problem . Nor does nuclear proliferation .

Who the hell is Gung Ho?

As far as I'm aware, Mr Ho (whoever he may be) has been remarkably quiet in the international debate so far.

Could it be that China has no wish to greet (and feed) Brazillions of hungry North Korean immigrants?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that Young un's stomach ulcer turns out to be far worse over the next few months than he imagined.

Who the hell is Gung Ho?

As far as I'm aware, Mr Ho (whoever he may be) has been remarkably quiet in the international debate so far.

Could it be that China has no wish to greet (and feed) Brazillions of hungry North Korean immigrants?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that Young un's stomach ulcer turns out to be far worse over the next few months than he imagined.

Little wonder that Mr. Ho is quiet. He ; is not a person , rather an expression of

" over the top " response to a given situation . :hihi:

Archived