Is it healthier to be poor

Hi

We have just seen an Ethiopian win the London Marathon, with other Ethiopians finishing in the top ten. The winner was one of thirteen children, very poor.

I assume that he would not have had the MMR to keep him well, and all the other benefits of the rich countries.

Our own Olympic gold medalist was from a very poor country.

Does our wealth make us lazy and in poor health?

Yes in a lot of cases it does, I'm currently claiming JSA and have no cash in hand work so my diet at present is basic but healthy, I walk everywhere instaed of driving and I don't drink or smoke weed at present either because of my financial situation.

Hi

We have just seen an Ethiopian win the London Marathon, with other Ethiopians finishing in the top ten. The winner was one of thirteen children, very poor.

I assume that he would not have had the MMR to keep him well, and all the other benefits of the rich countries.

Our own Olympic gold medalist was from a very poor country.

Does our wealth make us lazy and in poor health?

Maybe his concern for the health of the poor is the main driver behind Osbornes austerity measures. Maybe not.

Archived