Is it healthier to be poor

Hi

We have just seen an Ethiopian win the London Marathon, with other Ethiopians finishing in the top ten. The winner was one of thirteen children, very poor.

I assume that he would not have had the MMR to keep him well, and all the other benefits of the rich countries.

Our own Olympic gold medalist was from a very poor country.

Does our wealth make us lazy and in poor health?

i hope camerons not been watching this or he will have no choice but to take more benefits away from the less well off:suspect:

Hi

We have just seen an Ethiopian win the London Marathon, with other Ethiopians finishing in the top ten. The winner was one of thirteen children, very poor.

I assume that he would not have had the MMR to keep him well, and all the other benefits of the rich countries.

Our own Olympic gold medalist was from a very poor country.

Does our wealth make us lazy and in poor health?

Its a lot healthier to be poor , I mean we don;t have to worry about our kids killing themselves in the Ferrari or crashing our helicopter.

On top that we don't get gout from supping to much port or end up with daft looking lips and faces due to plastic face lifts, in fact some of them rich lasses even have their chests pumped up and then have to have them altered due the wrong bath seal being used.

Also we don't have to attend church along with all the landed gentry so as we can be seen to be thanking the good Lord for not making us poor and that means that on a Sunday us poor can go to the Dinner time bingo session at the Park and Arbour club because were not rich.

Another problem with being rich is that [they] have to worry about whether the stock exchange is falling or not and if one should move all ones money abroad, this problem alone can make you badly .

So to sum up what were last nights lottery No's

No, it is not healthier to be poor. Poor people also binge drink, take drugs and smoke much more than rich people. I'd of thought that was obvious.

I'm sorry but I have to do it!!

You mean 'I'd have thought' or 'I would have thought'.

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 18:28 ----------

I have just been shopping for a healthy week. No alcohol, only veg, chicken, meat, eggs. £75. I am now poor but will be healthy. :(

And there was I thinking you were more of a SweetiePie. That's a shame. It really is.

Ha ha, I am truly sorry. :( Its literally my biggest annoyance and I tried so hard not to say it, but it just came out. Call it a form of OCD if you want? Friends? :love:

Archived