Is it healthier to be poor

How many of our aristocracy are obese and die young?

That should answer your question.

---------- Post added 31-07-2013 at 11:47 ----------

BUT you can eat healthily on a budget. Its convenience* that causes people to each bad foods.

* "convenience" is just "laziness" with good PR.

I think there's a lot of truth in what you say Mssr WeX. I tend to snatch at food more than I should and this in the main is due to poor time management. I've addressed the situation recently and made some healthy (not aways tasty) dinners.

whenever they post the towns and cities where people die earlier its always poorer northern ones

the wealthier southern towns always come better

Is that the same towns in the north that have a tradition of pork pies and black pudding.

How many of our aristocracy are obese and die young?

That should answer your question.

---------- Post added 31-07-2013 at 11:47 ----------

BUT you can eat healthily on a budget. Its convenience* that causes people to each bad foods.

* "convenience" is just "laziness" with good PR.

People should just learn to cook. The aristocracy have cooks at their whim. How often do you see well heeled people in your local KFC or chip shop? You don't have to be rich to learn how to cook.

Modern western society is the only society in history where the poorest are obese and the richest are thin.

Anyone that has travelled widely knows that there are no poor people in this country.

Your first statement is a fascinating observation!

Your secons statement reminds me of a story that I think was told by the philosopher, Alain de Botton, who suggests that if you stand at the first class check-in at an airport you will see just how close to rage the rich really are - just one perceived slight, just a moment's inconvenience and their anger becomes uncontrollable. Stress is a killer.

Kids in Ethiopia run 10 miles or more to school. Here in Britain kids are too lazy to walk even 1 mile. So their parents ferry them about in gas guzzling SUVs.

Not so long ago it was possible for kids in England to do ten miles by working two paper rounds per day this as well as walking a couple of miles or more to school and back.

Not so long ago it was possible for kids in England to do ten miles by working two paper rounds per day this as well as walking a couple of miles or more to school and back.

A friend of mine has a market stall, and the reason that his 13 yr old rarely works on it is due to critisism from other traders. Children that work are discouraged due to our laws and red tape.

Archived