Help with washing machine leak - Hotpoint Aquarius

Occasionally when washing towels on program G I find a pool of water on the floor at the left hand side of the machine, I believe it to be coming from the dispenser drawer as the bottom of the drawer is wet and there looks to be trails of water coming from it, when I look in the drawer the front left hand compartment may be full of water and seemingly no where for it to go, I have removed the plastic cage that was in this section, the washer has leaked with and without it in. What confuses me is that I use an in drum container for the washing liquid yet the pool of water on the floor looks to be soapy which is why I originally thought the door seal was the problem but it never leaks on any other wash or program. Predictably every time I watch for it it doesn't happen, hasn't happened for two months before this and this is the first time since removing the plastic cage in the drawer.

Take the drawer out and give it a good clean in boiling water. Press the blue plastic thing down inbetween the 2 compartments in the drawer to release it.

Failing that, it could be the filter which is inside the machine on the left hand side.. Identified by a 'Y' shaped set of pipes joining to it.

Other than that.... Get a geezer in.

Archived