30 murdered, 126 injured in shootings - USA

That's an average figure per day in the USA, from a reputable source. By my reckoning that's 210 people a week murdered by firearms. Suicides by firearms run at 53 a day, 371 a week.

Shocking though the tragic events in Boston undoubtedly are, these figures represent a massive and ongoing tragedy being played out across the states day by day and week by week.

It's time for politicians with courage to stop running scared of the NRA and start to take real steps the tackle this epidemic of murder and suffering.

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/murders-shootings-and-gun-sales-per-day_n_2488664.html

That's an average figure per day in the USA, from a reputable source. By my reckoning that's 210 people a week murdered by firearms. Suicides by firearms run at 53 a day, 371 a week.

Shocking though the tragic events in Boston undoubtedly are, these figures represent a massive and ongoing tragedy being played out across the states day by day and week by week.

It's time for politicians with courage to stop running scared of the NRA and start to take real steps the tackle this epidemic of murder and suffering.

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/murders-shootings-and-gun-sales-per-day_n_2488664.html

And just to show how insignificant that number is, about 25,000 people die every day of hunger or hunger-related causes, according to the United Nations.

And just to show how insignificant that number is, about 25,000 people die every day of hunger or hunger-related causes, according to the United Nations.

If there were more it'd make you happy right? You want there to be less people.

I was thinking about this a while ago when I heard the moron Prince Harry talking about todays London Marathon, of course the Boston bombings were a terrible outrage but people need to get a sense of perspective in this gun-mad country and if they really are concerned about the loss of human life, and take measures to restrict gun ownership and stand up to the NRA.

Archived