Losing Weight at 33

Hello, looking back to my early 20's I am surprised at how slim I was, I had a fast metabolism then and could never put any weight on.

But when I turned 30 the belly started to show and have been self concious about my looks ever since.

Now, is there a cut off point in your life when no matter what you do to fix things there will never be an ideal result, meaning losing weight.

Hello, looking back to my early 20's I am surprised at how slim I was, I had a fast metabolism then and could never put any weight on.

But when I turned 30 the belly started to show and have been self concious about my looks ever since.

Now, is there a cut off point in your life when no matter what you do to fix things there will never be an ideal result, meaning losing weight.

Bedrock, im 36 and have approx 12kgs over the last 14 weeks through exercise and diet. It can be done and its pretty easy if you stick to it.

Can you take something that will burn the fat off, what are weight loss pills like?

Also, what are those vibrating things like you strap to around your stomach that vibrate.

I have tried running but after 5 minutes I hit a wall and struggle to go on and feel hurting inside and feel sick.

I have just started a Zumba class and my first session last week was great, like an hyper dancing class, very intense and fun.

Just wish I had someone to share things with instead of facing all this on my own.

Bedrock, im 36 and have approx 12kgs over the last 14 weeks through exercise and diet. It can be done and its pretty easy if you stick to it.

The only time I lose some of the beer gut and flab handles is when I'm ill from a dodgy takeaway. And then I feel ill because I've lost weight and look starved.

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 19:14 ----------

Can you take something that will burn the fat off, what are weight loss pills like?

Also, what are those vibrating things like you strap to around your stomach that vibrate.

I have tried running but after 5 minutes I hit a wall and struggle to go on and feel hurting inside and feel sick.

I have just started a Zumba class and my first session last week was great, like an hyper dancing class, very intense and fun.

Just wish I had someone to share things with instead of facing all this on my own.

Are you from S12? :suspect::suspect:

Same here lol. Was always warned that it'll soon catch up with me... And it has.

You have got to want to lose weight, you need people to start telling the truth. The older you get, the more weight that you will put on.

I fould Dr M Mosleys 5/2 diet/life style change woorked for me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/9480451/The-52-diet-can-it-help-you-lose-weight-and-live-longer.html

Eat less. Portion control - you probably eat much more than you think. Move much, much more. Minimise full sugar fizzy drinks and alcohol intake

Can you take something that will burn the fat off,

No.

what are weight loss pills like?

Expensive rubbish.

You don't want to know.

You need to build up to running: fast walking, then run for a minute - or even thirty seconds, if you're really unfit and not at all used to exercise - walk for two minutes, gradually building up to longer periods of running until you can run with no 'rest' walking periods. It'll take a few weeks if your fitness level is minimal. Make sure you have decent trainers.

Change in diet is the best thing you can do. Take in less calories than you burn off and you will lose weight.

I use another forum (yes, there are other forums) and someone on there has lost a decent amount of weight in a shortish period of time by changing diet and doing fitness work at the gym. He is on the Keto diet.

Also, dont run before you can walk! Start off by doing brisk walking. This in itself burns off calories. nothing wrong with brisk walking, then slowing for a few minutes, and then briskly walking again. Then over time decrease your slower pace and then start introducing running for a minute, then walking, then running, and over time increasing your time running and decreasing your walking time. There are no quick solutions to weight loss unless you get lipo!

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 20:42 ----------

Looks like me and Hecate are on a similar page!

Archived