Losing Weight at 33

Eat less. Portion control - you probably eat much more than you think. Move much, much more. Minimise full sugar fizzy drinks and alcohol intake

No.

Expensive rubbish.

You don't want to know.

You need to build up to running: fast walking, then run for a minute - or even thirty seconds, if you're really unfit and not at all used to exercise - walk for two minutes, gradually building up to longer periods of running until you can run with no 'rest' walking periods. It'll take a few weeks if your fitness level is minimal. Make sure you have decent trainers.

Can you lend him some. He has a phobia and a big problem with socks and footwear.

Hello, looking back to my early 20's I am surprised at how slim I was, I had a fast metabolism then and could never put any weight on.

But when I turned 30 the belly started to show and have been self concious about my looks ever since.

Now, is there a cut off point in your life when no matter what you do to fix things there will never be an ideal result, meaning losing weight.

Modify your diet and safely increase your activity.

There is no cut off but it gets more difficult ad you get older and your metabolism slows. I'm well into my 40s. I spend about 9 months of the year training for various events. The other 3 months I ease off a bit and sometimes tub up a bit. After each easing off period I have to work harder to get the weight back off.

You're in your 30s so it's a good time to get cracking.

Modify your diet and safely increase your activity.

There is no cut off but it gets more difficult ad you get older and your metabolism slows. I'm well into my 40s. I spend about 9 months of the year training for various events. The other 3 months I ease off a bit and sometimes tub up a bit. After each easing off period I have to work harder to get the weight back off.

You're in your 30s so it's a good time to get cracking.

This is pretty accurate. I'm mid 30's and have a hormone imbalance which means I gain weight very quickly, but with exercise and a good diet I can lose 10-12lbs in around 3 months. I just did the Yorkshire 3 Peaks and have been training since last year (hiking at every opportunity) but now it's over I'll take a break and probably put a few pounds back on until later in the year so I can get in my xmas party dress!

As for running, I really struggle with the breathing but you can burn just as many calories if you walk fast. I try and walk home from work one night a week and can do 10k in 90mins.

Can you take something that will burn the fat off, what are weight loss pills like?

No, the ONLY thing that burns fat is exercise and a controlled diet.

Also, what are those vibrating things like you strap to around your stomach that vibrate.

All forms of exercise that work are pretty common place in a Gym. Those vibrating belts, well you'll need a time machine to go back to the 80's to try one.

I have tried running but after 5 minutes I hit a wall and struggle to go on and feel hurting inside and feel sick.

Good start, keep going. Next time run for 6 minutes, and then the next 7, or gradually increase the speed.

I have just started a Zumba class and my first session last week was great, like an hyper dancing class, very intense and fun.

Aerobic exercise will burn calories, but you need to address your diet too. Diet is about 80% of weight loss, while exercise really should be used to maintain your metabolism as well as burn a few calories.

Just wish I had someone to share things with instead of facing all this on my own.

Have you thought about joining a class, or a gym and getting a personal trainer for a little while. You don't need to have one for your entire time losing weight, just for a few weeks to learn what you need to do and then, its down to you. If you really want it, you can do it.

Best of luck :cool:

The only cut-off point is in your head. You can mentally give-up at any age...

+1 for building up running though. Build up from walking, fast walking, jogging, running. Good idea to start small, keep a journal or log your runs in a spreadsheet, and slowly build up the miles.

Only you can make yourself step outside, and get your legs moving and heart pumping. Can be hard work, but well worth it in the long run!

Change in diet is the best thing you can do. Take in less calories than you burn off and you will lose weight.

No 'diets' ever work, but a change in your food intake can help.

Starving your body like most 'diets' slowers your metabolism and lack vital nutrients making it unhealthy and even harder to loose weight.

Simple tasty healthy foods, and enjoyable exercise such as plenty of sex or a good walk is the most pleasurable and sustainable way to loose weight.

Change in diet is the best thing you can do. Take in less calories than you burn off and you will lose weight.

Yes thats right, a way to cut down the calories is to reduce your intake of meat and dairy, as most people eat too much of that food group.

No 'diets' ever work, but a change in your food intake can help.

Starving your body like most 'diets' slowers your metabolism and lack vital nutrients making it unhealthy and even harder to loose weight.

Simple tasty healthy foods, and enjoyable exercise such as plenty of sex or a good walk is the most pleasurable and sustainable way to loose weight.

I am single so no good in that :help:

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 22:42 ----------

What you need is a good dose of Norovirus!

Go to a very busy building that has lifts and lick the buttons!

You'll lose a stone in a week!

Licking buttons, mmm, chocolate buttons would be better :hihi:

Archived