Did Anyone Used To Go To Lowfield School?

Have come to this thread very late and am fascinated to see so many names from my dim and distant past!!:suspect:

I am the aforementioned Jennifer Loukes and remember most of the people very vividly. David Drew probably remembers me (unless he's had a LOT of therapy) because I used to try to kiss him at every opportunity and I was a lot bigger than him! His rejection of me put me off blondes for life. Does everyone else remember the small, hidden bit of playground next to the police box? The likes of David Drew would give it a wide berth if I was in the vicinity!

Shirley (Marsh ) was the girl who's dad was killed and she was a very good friend of mine-even after she'd got a gang to call for me and beat me up when we were in J2 (I think). My Best Friend in juniors was Joy Hunter who came with some of the others (Judith, Carol Proctor, Janet Hand etc) from Duchess Rd Infants. We lost touch after going to different secondary schools.As for the "cry baby, Mardy bum"-is that you John Mather??

Fascinating stuff.:surprised

• 3 weeks later...
I don't believe this ! You must, from Sharrow Lane, have also known a few of the following:

David Buxton, Keith Badger, Christopher Polomski, Andrew Plaxton, Steven Cosgrave, Phillip Smith, John Townley, Alan Cotterill, Terrie Sigsworth (my heartthrob), Dawn Tomlinson, Veronica Robertson, Yvonne ''x?'' and James Grant.

I used to wag off from assembly by doing that bloody weather station.

Who was that lad who was excellent at rounders and used to hit the ball over the wall as he was left- handed. I think that he used to live in Club Garden Road ?

Hi I`am Chris Polomski left handed and use to knock the ball over the wall .Terrie Sigsworth was my heartthrob as well recognise most of the names i use to be pally with John Fung, David Little

The rounders lad's name has just come to me, it was Steven '' Ding Dong '' Bell.

I'm John Mather.

Hi john I remember you I`m chris polomski As a left hander I use to knock a few over the wall.My brother David and his friends use to hit them on the school So we climb up later to retreive and keep the balls.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I was there in the fifties. The headmistress was a Miss Clark- awful woman. There was a school dental clinic there as well. I remember some of the teachers there -a Mr Walsh, Mr Clifford, Mr Robinson, Mrs Dalton and a Miss Simon. My friends were Jackie Short, Margaret Howe, and Sandra Asquith -where are you now girls?

• 3 years later...

Yeah my favourite School, just come across this thread and the picture of the old teachers were wonderful to see, i remember them well, i remember Miss Kirsop very well.

Just sad to only just find out that Mr Dobson had died - RIP sir, I remember when he went to Dr John Bingham School and we played them at football.

Teachers I remember were, Evans (head) Dobson (dep head) replaced by Guthrie (dep head) Kirsop, Crick, Bathmaker, Anwell, Forsyth and the others just escape me for now.

Glad i found that photo out.

Was there when the new building opened in 82.

• 4 months later...
Hi

I was there in the fifties. The headmistress was a Miss Clark- awful woman. There was a school dental clinic there as well. I remember some of the teachers there -a Mr Walsh, Mr Clifford, Mr Robinson, Mrs Dalton and a Miss Simon. My friends were Jackie Short, Margaret Howe, and Sandra Asquith -where are you now girls?

hi jet590,i went there at the same timeand have a school photo with the three girls you mention on it,or-b-son

I was 1 of the first to go into the new building I can remember carrying everything from the old building to the new(they would call it child slave labour these days)

so was i i actually remember thae t shirts they had made for us to with the picture of the new building on them and the year:confused: