SportsDirect.com info required

For trying to get away with using some siteboots that just happen to look a bit like walking boots on a hike in the peaks last week, (silly tight-fisted me eh?) my mobility and ability to wear shoes has been temporarily curtailed somewhat, and where once I had feet I now have blisters upon blisters the likes I have never seen before. So, having seen the folly in my Yorkshire accounting I have decided to purchase some new walking gear starting with boots. A google search led me to SportsDirect.com and imagine how delighted I was that they have a Sheffield outlet even though it is unfortunately sited within the devils quarter - MEADOWHELL:evil:

So I made a list from the website of 3 specific items I wanted that was advertised on their website and made the long and painful journey to a place I hate with a pious devotion only matched by the pope himself to find that they didn't have any of the items I had wanted to buy, but having made the journey I searched for a near match to what I'd seen and despite there being thousands of products it kind of appeared to me that they only put the crap that no self respecting Yorkshire man would want to buy into the store.

I'm now thinking of ordering online but don't want to be lumbered with boots that don't fit properly.

Has anyone used SportsDirect.com for on-line purchases and how are they when it comes to returns and exchanges etc?

...despite there being thousands of products it kind of appeared to me that they only put the crap that no self respecting Yorkshire man would want to buy into the store.

Sorry I've never purchased from them online, but this quote sums up the Meadowhall store perfectly.

The store in town, before it closed, had a reasonable ratio of bargains v rubbish such that it was worth popping in once a month to see what was available.

But as the Meadowhall store is much bigger, they've wisely decided to fill it up with nowt but rubbish :roll:

Archived