Nuisance Phone Calls

Hello, my phone line has recently been transferred from BT to Origin and I have a new number.

But have recently been getting annoying phone calls at every hour of the day.

On the display it says CALL then when I answer it goes silent then a voice says GOODBYE.

On other occasions a foreign call centre rings for someone elses name, this is both annoying and quite alarming.

When I was with BT I changed my number with them numerous times and always ended up having duff calls.

I registered with TPS and it quieted down a lot while still receiving a small percentage of bad calls.

Origin have offered to change my number again stating that these calls are randomly auto generated but I said if they did that with this new number then they will continue to do it with future new numbers.

He said there are services called True Call and devices I can buy for £100 :loopy:

Like I can afford those, I believe that in this day and age we should be rid of all duff calls just like we can use Ad Block Plus on our browser.

He said there are services called True Call and devices I can buy for £100 :loopy:

Like I can afford those, I believe that in this day and age we should be rid of all duff calls just like we can use Ad Block Plus on our browser.

Im with you on that one. These telephone companies have the ability to block the nuisance calls, but do not want to because they generate a lot of revenue for them. You as the poor customer receiving the calls are insignificant compared to the revenue generated by call centres auto dialing random numbers.

Until ofcom does something about it (and stops those bloody survey calls too) we are stuck with it. I tend to ignore any calls from withheld numbers.

Hello, my phone line has recently been transferred from BT to Origin and I have a new number.

On the display it says CALL then when I answer it goes silent then a voice says GOODBYE.

On other occasions a foreign call centre rings for someone elses name, this is both annoying and quite alarming.

When I was with BT I changed my number with them numerous times and always ended up having duff calls.

I registered with TPS and it quieted down a lot while still receiving a small percentage of bad calls.

Origin have offered to change my number again stating that these calls are randomly auto generated but I said if they did that with this new number then they will continue to do it with future new numbers.

This is all too MUCH!! You have me weeing myself here!!!

I have some very good hiking socks that don't chaf and are cheap :)

Sorry, I'll stop calling you :hihi:

Archived