Is celebrating St Georges Day racist?

Not in so many words,but the fact you are even questioning someones pride would suggest otherwise.

Asking questions is not the same as saying that you have no right be proud of something, and you're foolish to put the idea forward.

Answer or don't. Silly games ain't my bag.

And as far as I can see,he answered you,but you still persist to question him.Is it not the answer you wanted?How would you like him to answer?

It's a discussion.

Ask me a question, I'll answer it. I'm open to things like that.

Yes mate,your quite right,being accidentally born English doesn't give me the right to be a proud Englishman.

Would that do you?

Why answer that way if you don't really think like that?

Silly behavior.

Asking questions is not the same as saying that you have no right be proud of something, and you're foolish to put the idea forward.

It's a discussion.

Silly behavior.

Give over with yourself,you know full well you wasn't asking your questions with an open mind,and a 50/50 view.Play innocent silly beggars all you like.

---------- Post added 24-04-2013 at 15:01 ----------

It's a discussion.

Silly behavior.

Because it wasn't a serious answer?

What is you position? Are you proud to be English?

Not overly, although some things touch me. Orwell, Bertrand Russell, The Beatles. :)

I don't understand patriotism though, I'm immune to it. It's never got through to me.

I should also add that I don't think patriotism is ugly be default. It's a complex set of beliefs sometimes, a philosophical mask which can easily hide something ugly or something beautiful behind it.

Not overly, although some things touch me. Orwell, Bertrand Russell, The Beatles. :)

I don't understand patriotism though, I'm immune to it. It's never got through to me.

Fair enough, honest answer. Is it just the English/st georges day thing or don't you get any country's national pride ?

Just seen the last bit, and agree. I think it was Lincoln who coined the phrase "patriotism is the last bastion of the scoundrel." (or summat like) and it can often be used as a stick which I don't like. I think we've gone too far the other way "yes we're English. Sorry. "

Archived