Throwaway society

A toaster will easily fit in a wheelie bin.

The recycle one, that is green here. I try to do that quite often, smallish metal items, that are maybe not meant to go in the green bin, but it seems to make sense to me.

(If you have to go to the tip, then cycle there instead)

They won't allow you in on a bike, or as a pedestrian.

Those who don't have access to a car, or those who live just over the road from the entrance and can take their items in on a wheelbarrow, are not permitted to walk in, apparently on health and safety grounds (or so was quoted last time I saw this discussed).

My printer is pretty much the same. A new set of inks costs about the same as a new printer.

The best trick to learn in this instance is to IGNORE the B/S that the manufacturer claims regarding cheaper compatible ink cartridges won't work/will damage the printer.

£40+VAT (£48.) for official cartridges (printer cost me £45 new)

-OR-

£12 for 4 sets of compatible cartridges (making each set £3) from a popular auction site.

No loss in print quality and/or page output and the printer continues to work as it should.

This right here is the answer.

Plus with the cost of new cartridges so extortionate why would you not give it a go?

The question is why are new cartridges so expensive ?

They can build an entire new printer for the same money they can fill a small plastic box with ink?!?!?

Now why couldn't the manufacturer have talked her through the process? It took me less than 5 mins to do it and cost NOTHING other than a bit of data usage on my phone.

Why would they fix it at their cost (operator on phone) when they could be selling another one?

Well done on fixing it though :)

The question is why are new cartridges so expensive ?

They can build an entire new printer for the same money they can fill a small plastic box with ink?!?!?

The question should be put round the other way.

Why are printers so cheap?

Answer:

To get you to buy one and then they recoup their money by charging high prices for the ink, which you HAVE TO buy if you want to use the cheap machine.

Rocket science it aint. Economics it is.:D

They won't allow you in on a bike, or as a pedestrian.

Those who don't have access to a car, or those who live just over the road from the entrance and can take their items in on a wheelbarrow, are not permitted to walk in, apparently on health and safety grounds (or so was quoted last time I saw this discussed).

I did drive up to the dumpit site once, noticed a queue of cars stretching all the way back into the road, so parked up nearby and dragged my wares into the site on foot.

The staff were OK about it (either I must be one of their friendly regulars or I caught them on a good day :hihi: )

Archived