Online Vigilantes

Since paedophiles wouldn't be attracted to 14 year old girls it seems a bit of a non starter.

Not according to this -

'The founder of the group, a father-of-one who lives in the Hinckley area, began visiting online chat rooms as a fictitious 14-year-old girl this year.

He said he decided to launch his campaign after a friend was convicted of offences against a child and possession of indecent images of children.

He said: "The first thing we say when we get into conversations online is 'I am only 14 years old'.

"We are absolutely clear about that and we repeat the age throughout any conversations we have online.

"But we have still received highly sexual responses – in one case within 10 minutes of posting the girl's profile on a site.'

I think MrSmith may have been alluding to the common misapplication of the term paedophile to other sex offenders.

Common usage now would tend to see it used for nearly all those who commit sex offences against minors, the technical term applies strictly to those with sexual interest towards pre-pubescent children.

It reminds me of that Southpark episode which took the pi$$ out of an American show "To Catch a Predator" which entraps pedophiles by luring them to meet a "young" person and then all the camera crew shows up and shames the guy into being counselled live on the show.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17601568/ns/dateline_nbc/#.UXa1Ho64ZyE

I suppose we'll have a similar show here at some point, this is probably the start of it.

i agree.........for once lol

trouble is with vigelantes they dont work with facts, they dont have the same expertise, knowledge, training, access to departments and other erxperts

they just use guesswork

and in a lot of cases the wrong people can and DO get targetted

I wonder what happens if two of these vigilantes manage to hook each other while fishing and then they both turn up accusing each other of being a paedo :hihi:

I wonder what happens if two of these vigilantes manage to hook each other while fishing and then they both turn up accusing each other of being a paedo :hihi:

:hihi: Now that would make a funny youtube video.

Not according to this -

'The founder of the group, a father-of-one who lives in the Hinckley area, began visiting online chat rooms as a fictitious 14-year-old girl this year.

He said he decided to launch his campaign after a friend was convicted of offences against a child and possession of indecent images of children.

He said: "The first thing we say when we get into conversations online is 'I am only 14 years old'.

"We are absolutely clear about that and we repeat the age throughout any conversations we have online.

"But we have still received highly sexual responses – in one case within 10 minutes of posting the girl's profile on a site.'

The group least likely to make such sexual responses would be paedophiles, it’s more likely someone of the same age or Ephebophiles or hebephiles.

....as the rest of the vigilantes were taking photos

Archived