Hirsty joins wednesday

Gazza58

Hirsty is a great character and will hopefully bring an experienced head to offer advice to the academy lads.

I watched the compilation of his goals that some one posted on Youtube recently, you actually forget what a great striker he was, power, pace and the variety of goals is incredible, Sheffields best ever player???

Laugh, I thought my pants would never dry, he was a good scorer but best player, go and lie down for a bit.

Hirsty is a great character and will hopefully bring an experienced head to offer advice to the academy lads.

I watched the compilation of his goals that some one posted on Youtube recently, you actually forget what a great striker he was, power, pace and the variety of goals is incredible, Sheffields best ever player???

Laugh, I thought my pants would never dry, he was a good scorer but best player, go and lie down for a bit.

Well Tony Currie was before my time and you've certainly had no one better since.

Hirsty could tackle,score spectacular goals with both feet,excellent header of the ball.In my lifetime i dont think theres been anybody in sheffield come close to him.Sheffields best ever player,maybe not,sheffields best ever forward [in my lifetime ]yes.

Hirsty could tackle,score spectacular goals with both feet,excellent header of the ball.In my lifetime i dont think theres been anybody in sheffield come close to him.Sheffields best ever player,maybe not,sheffields best ever forward [in my lifetime ]yes.

Paulo Di Canio wasn't far off, he was an amazingly talented footballer, different to Hirst but without a shadow up there with Hirst.

Paulo Di Canio wasn't far off, he was an amazingly talented footballer, different to Hirst but without a shadow up there with Hirst.

PDC was a bit special mate,i cant deny that,but we only had him for two years,hirsty did the business for eleven.

Agree with both of that, I'd have both players back although I don't have many other strkers to compare them with in my shirt time of watching Wednesday. Hirst should of been brought in on the coaching side a long time ago, even if only passes on a little of his knowledge it will be invaluable to the youngsters

PDC was a bit special mate,i cant deny that,but we only had him for two years,hirsty did the business for eleven.

Oh you can't deny Hirtsy's time at the club was a lot longer but talent wise, personally I would say Di Canio was even better than Hirst m8.

Hirst's career was hindered massively with injury, that held him back really from him becoming a "true great" in the football world as a whole.

Oh you can't deny Hirtsy's time at the club was a lot longer but talent wise, personally I would say Di Canio was even better than Hirst m8.

Hirst's career was hindered massively with injury, that held him back really from him becoming a "true great" in the football world as a whole.

Cant argue with that,shearer wouldnt have played anywere near the amount of international games,if hirsty had been fit.And shearer was a cracking player.

Aslong as they are a Wednesday great that will do for me:) it's hard tho compare the 2 anyway. Pdc had the Italian flair aswell as an eye for goal whereas Hirst knew how to score with pretty much any part of his body, I'm sure a lot of English strikers could learn alot a lot from him

Archived