Hirsty joins wednesday

Gazza58

Aslong as they are a Wednesday great that will do for me:) it's hard tho compare the 2 anyway. Pdc had the Italian flair aswell as an eye for goal whereas Hirst knew how to score with pretty much any part of his body, I'm sure a lot of English strikers could learn alot a lot from him

And hopefully so will our youngsters:) Like you said earlier nervy,it should have happened years ago.

Cant argue with that,shearer wouldnt have played anywere near the amount of international games,if hirsty had been fit.And shearer was a cracking player.

Shearer was simply brilliant pal what a goal scorer he was !!!

Aslong as they are a Wednesday great that will do for me:) it's hard tho compare the 2 anyway. Pdc had the Italian flair aswell as an eye for goal whereas Hirst knew how to score with pretty much any part of his body, I'm sure a lot of English strikers could learn alot a lot from him

And PDC had a knack for pushing refs :hihi:

Must have been a bloody big pig then,he has been there since 1986.:)

It's well documented it was Barnsleys lack of finances the finally made him go to Hillsborough the rest is history and Hirsts injuries certainly aided the career of Alan Shearer.

Well Tony Currie was before my time and you've certainly had no one better since.

I don't just mean TC, Hirsty was a great player and who knows what could have happened if he'd joined Man Utd, he might not have got the injury that did for him.

He was a good old fashioned centre forward, run through a wall for the team I'd have had him at Lane in a heartbeat, but there are lots of goalscorers better than him and as you can't even remember TC it's pointless talking about such as Dooley, Doc Pace, Jimmy Hagan all legends in this city.

I did not see these 4 as just missed them, but know all about their prowess, and ability at both grounds.

Gary Bannister was good gs for you, we had Keith Edwards, Jimmy Bone, Billy Dearden, Alan Woodward, John Tudor. We've had players that could not hit a cows arse with a banjo, same as you have, players like DH only come along every so often in a lifetime.

I agree that in the last 20-30 or so years he's up with the best, as is Edwards, Deane & Agana.

I could go on the Owls have had some good players, but as good as DH was certainly not the greatest that has ever graced this city, he was a gent though and knew how to have a laugh with the Blades.

As he did on the return from the 7-1 drubbing at Arsenal, when we met the team at the service station; I liked him very good no sorry he was brilliant.

---------- Post added 24-04-2013 at 21:21 ----------

Cant argue with that,shearer wouldnt have played anywere near the amount of international games,if hirsty had been fit.And shearer was a cracking player.

Sorry Gazza got to disagree for once with you, there are certain players that come along every so often and have that certain je ne sais quoi, and Shearer was that man he was immense and awesome.

Why he chose Newcastle over Man Utd, only he'll ever know as he put home town love before winning all in sight.

Archived