NPower .. does the 'P' stand for PIRATES?

NPower.

My Dual Fuel account was set up. They asked the usual questions and away I go! Direct debit in place and peace of mind.

Then I find that for my small and modest yet fully insulated property I'm being charged £246 gas and £35 electricity a month. And, yes it does get worse, they are holding a credit of £1000!

But that was yesterday.

Today they say it's £1058!

Worse still, the online account shows my credit figure has shot up overnight to a staggering £1300!

I'm demanding my money be refunded and they say they'll have to check it out. Yet they gave me the figures! The same figures on line that they now say, wait for it, ARE'NT MEANT TO BE ACCURATE!!

Unbelievable! What's the point of having an on-line account if they are just making up the figures? Alarming and frightening as they are.

I've been bullied, talked down to, patronised and told that they will return my money but need 14 days. I thought this would be an industry regulation. Wrong. They tell me, adding it casually, that it'll now be 15 days!

I'm taking my complaint as far as I can in every means possible.

Whatever you do beware of Npower Pirates, because when it goes wrong, they are awful beyond belief.

Avoid them at all costs.

Costs that have taken over £1000 out of my pocket!

We are with n power and pay £285 a month for both, but is a big property, still really expensive though but reakon they are all the same

£285 PER MONTH???? You guys spend a lot on energy!

2 bed sunshine house built 1936, combi-boiler, low energy/led bulbs AAA or AA rated appliances, washer, dryer, dishwasher, N-Power Duel fuel account with direct debit discount £86.00 per month for both gas and electric

Archived