Sinclair ZX Spectrum 31st birthday

melthebell

god im old lol, only seems like yesterday (christmas 1983 i got my first black shiny rubbery friend)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum

What about the ZX Spectrum :hihi: I used to have one though with the cassette recorder for loading games about 40 mins to load game, then it would crash.:hihi:

I also remember buying pong and we thought that was the bees knees, now look at graphics.

What about the ZX Spectrum :hihi: I used to have one though with the cassette recorder for loading games about 40 mins to load game, then it would crash.:hihi:

I also remember buying pong and we thought that was the bees knees, now look at graphics.

ive got mi dads old pre zx spectrum grandstand pong style game lol

tennis, football, squash...all basically the same game just less bats

yeah the problem with the crashing is you disrupted the chuntey field

• 2 years later...

I remember playing "Atic Atac" on a B&W portable TV.............

Needless to say, I didn't get far & thought it was garbage until I realised I had to collect coloured keys (DOH!)

After that I played an updated "clone" of a similar genre called "Wizards Lair" which was MUCH faster and (although difficult), much more playable.

Sometimes the "Rip Off" is the better game, At least in this case I think that is true.