Savings for the kids

Nealy brand new so we don't have it yet & don't realy need it as we manage fine so it probs will be the best idea

Enjoy him or them (you might want more), trust me they grow up so fast it's unreal they are worth all the sacrifices in the long run. They never really leave home either, mine are 26 27 & 30 the youngest still at home, but the lasses here every weekend with grandkids its very tiring for me but I love it :hihi:

Whatever you can put into regular savings now will have 16/18/21 years to grow, so it's definitely worth doing, even if it's only £20 a month.

Absolutely, the magic of compound interest.

Worth also looking at a stakeholder pension.

It all seems like a good idea until the government decide they want a percentage of your savings to "save the nation"

I truly believe that WILL happen within the next 5-10 years.

Cyprus was a wake up call to us all, and nobody is listening....

They will when it's their savings which are being plundered.

Just remember in a few years time when bank accounts are being plundered by the government of the day.... Crosser predicted this.

It all seems like a good idea until the government decide they want a percentage of your savings to "save the nation"

I truly believe that WILL happen within the next 5-10 years.

Cyprus was a wake up call to us all, and nobody is listening....

They will when it's their savings which are being plundered.

Just remember in a few years time when bank accounts are being plundered by the government of the day.... Crosser predicted this.

Safe! I only have two years to wait for mine. :hihi:

Going to open a bank account for my little man & start building a nice ballence for maybe 18ish. Do you do this? Was thinking of a amount that's reasonable to save to aim for X amount until he gets it. & also best banks to do this with?

Unfortunately, at this time, saving is a mugs game.

The top tax free ISAs only offer about 3.1%. That's less than real world inflation (not the phony baloney figures the BOE pull out of their collective asses).

Over a period of years you would end up with less than you started with (in terms of purchasing power).

Might as well flush it down the loo. There's less paperwork involved.

Archived