Wheelchairs are NOT for use on the road.

You know the type, those little things with the 4 tiny wheels and a couple of AAA's to power it.

I saw one today on Hurlfield road. I counted 23 cars all driving slowly behind it, beeping their horns and asking her to move to the side of the road.

But Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, she was too happy driving her wheelchair in the middle of the lane so no one could pass.

The sheer ignorance was astounding.

Her language was pretty ripe too.

Pitty there were no coppers about to give her a ticket.

Rant over!!!

You know the type, those little things with the 4 tiny wheels and a couple of AAA's to power it.

I saw one today on Hurlfield road. I counted 23 cars all driving slowly behind it, beeping their horns and asking her to move to the side of the road.

But Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, she was too happy driving her wheelchair in the middle of the lane so no one could pass.

The sheer ignorance was astounding.

Her language was pretty ripe too.

Pitty there were no coppers about to give her a ticket.

Rant over!!!

You are such a beacon for problematic situations..i think you look for them.

Anyway..back to the radish problem.:(

A lack of common sense and failure to see the danger aspect is a worry for folks observing these chairs on the highway.

Why oh why don't they wear a high viz jacket ??????????????? and keep to the edge

Are they allowed on the footpath and if so what are they doing on the road.

Kerbs and other obstacles etc don't help the passage of these chairs.

A route survey is essential i.e. find out the route that is negotiated safely, even if they have to go a few hundred yards more !

How did you hear her language with 23 cars beeping their horns ?

I doubt this actually happened.

They weren't all beeping at the same time.

That would be :loopy:

I did happen, not that i mind or care you dont believe me.

So there!

I wonder if the drivers of those cars ever park on the pavement blocking the way for mothers pushing prams/pushchairs, people pushing wheelchairs or the double buggies making them take their lives in their hands by having to go on to the road to get past them

:(

As a pedestrian, I don't want these motorised wheelchairs on the pavement.

They are fast, wide, heavy and a danger to pedestrians!

I regally come across an old fella in the park on one, whizzing around in his slippers and smoking a pipe.

He's never come close to running into anyone.

Archived