Wheelchairs are NOT for use on the road.

Get over youself will you

Whats any of that got to do with someone using a wheelchair in the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD?

We are creating an 'us against them' society. I am on the side of road safety, and making cars slow down.

Here here El Cid that's a nicer way to look at it. I dare say it's not an 'us and them' sitation if a random animal ends up in the middle of the road. It's something that requires the drivers to proceed with caution. I guess a moment to reflect and feel grateful is called for rather than get busy moaning. Maybe because this is unlikely to be a daily problem to every motorist for some time yet, despite the ageing population, it's more of a personal challenge on our own self control.

........despite the ageing population........

Perhaps thats the problem?

Due to the escalating number of old and/or infirm people cluttering up the place, claiming benefits, mowing active and mobile people down in ASDA with their little Boadicea chariots and blocking up the highways for young, beautiful, healthy and productive members of society (Like me)... Maybe a 'cull' of old knackered people is in order?

This would relieve the burden on the welfare state and NHS, relieve the housing and utilities crisis and force Bruce Forsyth to actually retire. (Brucie is exempt from the cull)

Its a winner! :D

You know the type, those little things with the 4 tiny wheels and a couple of AAA's to power it.

I saw one today on Hurlfield road. I counted 23 cars all driving slowly behind it, beeping their horns and asking her to move to the side of the road.

But Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, she was too happy driving her wheelchair in the middle of the lane so no one could pass.

The sheer ignorance was astounding.

Her language was pretty ripe too.

Pitty there were no coppers about to give her a ticket.

Rant over!!!

Just exactly which kind was it, did it look like this or more like this ?

We are creating an 'us against them' society. I am on the side of road safety, and making cars slow down.

And that comment, there, is the nail being hit squarely on the head...

If we are sniping about the "undeserving poor" or demonising the disabled (see the bedroom tax thread for prime examples of spitefulness and lack of compassion) then how can we be taking any notice of the real situation with the current government's stealth methods of "divide and conquer"?

back in Roman times the crowds were placated by bread and circuses.

The circus is still playing, in Westminster... However, due to the welfare cuts, the bread is scarcely to be found.

Perhaps thats the problem?

Due to the escalating number of old and/or infirm people cluttering up the place, claiming benefits, mowing active and mobile people down in ASDA with their little Boadicea chariots and blocking up the highways for young, beautiful, healthy and productive members of society (Like me)... Maybe a 'cull' of old knackered people is in order?

This would relieve the burden on the welfare state and NHS, relieve the housing and utilities crisis and force Bruce Forsyth to actually retire. (Brucie is exempt from the cull)

Its a winner! :D

Can we lump in the useless chav population into this cull too?

You know the type, those little things with the 4 tiny wheels and a couple of AAA's to power it.

I saw one today on Hurlfield road. I counted 23 cars all driving slowly behind it, beeping their horns and asking her to move to the side of the road.

But Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, she was too happy driving her wheelchair in the middle of the lane so no one could pass.

The sheer ignorance was astounding.

Her language was pretty ripe too.

Pitty there were no coppers about to give her a ticket.

Rant over!!!

Your compassion for the disabled is heart warming. Not a Tory by any chance are you?

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 15:58 ----------

And that comment, there, is the nail being hit squarely on the head...

If we are sniping about the "undeserving poor" or demonising the disabled (see the bedroom tax thread for prime examples of spitefulness and lack of compassion) then how can we be taking any notice of the real situation with the current government's stealth methods of "divide and conquer"?

back in Roman times the crowds were placated by bread and circuses.

The circus is still playing, in Westminster... However, due to the welfare cuts, the bread is scarcely to be found.

Great post, says it all. :thumbsup: The bit about bankers, Sun readers also spot on. :|:thumbsup:

Just exactly which kind was it, did it look like this or more like this ?

This is the type

http://electricwheelchairstop.com/img-big/40.jpg

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 09:45 ----------

Your compassion for the disabled is heart warming. Not a Tory by any chance are you?

My compassion is just fine.

Tell me, do you think its ok for a non road worthy vehicle to travel on the road just because its meant for the disabled?

Also, do you believe its ok for said vehicle to be allowed to obstruct other road users to the point where this wheelchair user had a conga line of traffic some 20+ cars long?

Finally, do you think its safe for said vehicle to travel in the middle of the road paying not attention to oncoming traffic and then responds to the beeping of car horns with profanity?

Archived