Scotland and the £1 coin.

Haha, the Scots are already like the Wildlings :)

---------- Post added 24-04-2013 at 13:28 ----------

The ONLY issue with this is if they leave our currency, they leave the debt behind too.

Wouldn't the debt be part of the negotiations if Scotland opted for independence..?

Wouldn't the debt be part of the negotiations if Scotland opted for independence..?

I dont think its part of the agreement already in place. Its certainly not been mentioned yet.

If Scotland cease to use the £, they will cease to be responsible for the debt its made in.

I dont think its part of the agreement already in place. Its certainly not been mentioned yet.

If Scotland cease to use the £, they will cease to be responsible for the debt its made in.

Makes you wonder why Mr Salmond wants to continue with it ...?

I can't even get annoyed at you. You're just wrong.

Scottish money certainly isn't legal tender in England and if memory serves it's not actually legal tender in Scotland either.

The point is if for example you go for a nice meal at a restaurant, that restaurant is just as obliged to accept Scottish money as he is to accept rice cakes. That is, it isn't.

It wouldn't look good on any credit check done on an independent Scotland when it wanted to borrow money.." walked away from last unpaid debt"..who'd give them the cash...?

Greece and Cyprus certainly didn't get rid of their debts just by adopting the Euro.

No but that was a very different situation. The Greek drachma ceased to exist, the Pound will still be here.

---------- Post added 24-04-2013 at 13:42 ----------

It wouldn't look good on any credit check done on an independent Scotland when it wanted to borrow money.." walked away from last unpaid debt"..who'd give them the cash...?

haha, I don't think they would be on Equifax :)

No but that was a very different situation. The Greek drachma ceased to exist, the Pound will still be here.

---------- Post added 24-04-2013 at 13:42 ----------

haha, I don't think they would be on Equifax :)

What about Fitch, Moody's and S&P?

Archived