Things ain't what they used to be

Why don't cut flowers have any scent

Why don't Jersey new potatoes have that lovely earthy taste

Why does fried bacon no longer give enough fat to cook your egg in.(it does give enough water to boil an egg in.)

Why doesn't full milk have a layer of cream on top.

Why do cherry tomatoes last forever.

Why do I never get a double yolked egg

Why do uncut loaves consist of two parts so that the top crust falls off when you cut it.

Think I'm getting old.

I can answer two of these:

Becasue they now blast the milt through a fine mesh that breaks up the fat so small it does not reform. Its there, just mixed in.

You're unlucky

Why does fried bacon no longer give enough fat to cook your egg in.(it does give enough water to boil an egg in.)

Why do uncut loaves consist of two parts so that the top crust falls off when you cut it.

Think I'm getting old.

Because the food industry has become obsessed by maximising profits bye extending shelf life at the expense of flavour, texture and perfume. Be glad you don't live in Australia - it's even worse there. Fruit and veg look amazing, but taste like cardboard.

I once had 5 double yolks in a box of 6 eggs so you've just been unlucky. (Or I've been buying eggs from near a nuclear power plant.)

Think I'm getting old.

I think this is the most accurate thing in your post. ;)

Think I'm getting old.

Your sense of smell has diminished

Your sense of taste has diminished

Yes :hihi:

Because you're buying crap bacon, probably from the supermarket. It's a con - you're paying for bacon and getting water.

Buy your bacon from a butcher and make sure it's proper dry cured. I never add extra fat to my frying pan when I have bacon and eggs - and the bacon is bloody gorgeous.

Archived