A lost Pub in Sheffield?

I am seeking information about what may have been a Public House on Lancing Road near Sheffield United Ground called 'Wilds', this Pub may have been destroyed during the blitz in december 1940.

There is an urgent need for any information of any kind regarding this pub from anyone who may be in thier 80s or 90,s. Thanks for reading!

Can't help you with the pub but there may be someone on here that has a book called 'A Pub on Every Corner' which may have some information.

I remember my grandfather telling me of the night when incendiaries were dropped down a length of Shoreham Street and my mother's best friend lost her life at the age of 14.

"Wild" may have been the name of Landlord at the time.
I also wondered about this, but the 1937 and 1942 Kelly's directories make no mention of a pub on Lancing Road, and the only householder with the name Wild(e) is an "Albert Wild, table knife cutter" shown at No 146 in the 1937 directory (only). In each directory the odd numbers go from 43 to 253 and the evens from 2 to 266, with no gaps in the numbering in the 1942 directory that might have occurred due to blitz damage.

Archived