Osbornes medicine is working!

Great result for the Chancellor, despite the difficulties in Europe and the US his brilliance is seeing the UK rise from the ashes of the last Labour debacle.

Well done Danny Alexander and Vince Cable. In fact the whole Con/Lib alliance is getting us back on the right track.

True blue will get you through!

I guess you're talking about this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22290407

Some people on here would rather drink lead paint than acknowledge a government success or positive story.

Like wise I'm sure. Does anyone actually believe what the government's quango (the ONS) says let alone what George "Grub Bank" Osborne says? You can't round up the state of the economy with one figure (GDP) it's more complex than that. I guess there'll be no unemployed next week with these fudged figures then.

Like wise I'm sure. Does anyone actually believe what the government's quango (the ONS) says let alone what George "Grub Bank" Osborne says? You can't round up the state of the economy with one figure (GDP) it's more complex than that. I guess there'll be no unemployed next week with these fudged figures then.

Come one then Mecky. Explain what figures you'd use to denote a recession? We always await your sage economic advice and guidance with baited breath...

It is a complex situation but it would be wrong not to welcome good news.

Also, if the figure had been negative would you welcome the ONS stats. In the interests of fairness and balance you can't have it both ways.

But if it was a triple dip you'd be dancing and accepting the news story at face value.

It is a complex situation but it would be wrong not to welcome good news.

Also, if the figure had been negative would you welcome the ONS stats. In the interests of fairness and balance you can't have it both ways.

The trouble with GDP is that it's not a relective figure of any society. It is an average value where those at the top earn vastly more than the masses who are on relatively poor wages, especially in the UK, giving the impression that things are better than they actually are. I can't say that it's good or bad news because it's an inaccurate calculation regardless who is in government. I don't have it both ways.

I certainly don't trust Osborne and I don't trust the ONS who have, in the past, tried to blag public opinion with dubious figures and calculations.

---------- Post added 25-04-2013 at 10:58 ----------

But if it was a triple dip you'd be dancing and accepting the news story at face value.

Why would I do that?

Archived