Osbornes medicine is working!

We could cut 3 million people from the public sector without affecting front line services.

You're right. For example, when the schools BSF programme was introduced, much of the IT in a school was managed by an external company who supplied the new kit. But the school had to retain the existing in-house IT staff. So they're paying for two lots of staff.

And I'm still seeing second hand Dell and HP equipment being sold for little more than scrap value to companies who are refurbing them and selling them on for hundreds.

we also need to tax companies that dont pay any. stop trading with countries that are not on an even footing with its uk counterparts(green taxes) get the workshy back into employment. stop mps fiddling expences. remove tax avoidance schemes from the well off. take winter fuel allowance from the people not in this country. feel free to add more things what the gov should be doing

That was put to you twice on the other thread, but you dodged it. Are you going to answer it in here? Or do you usual disappearing act when anything you write is questioned?

That’s why the problem won't be solved because no political party will do what is necessary.

Post of the day.

Any party that took decisive action would become monumentally unpopular in a very short time.

Whether Mrs. Thatcher took the right action or not in 1979-83, the population responded as any pampered child would to unpleasant medicine. It recoiled.

She would have been utterly trounced at the 1983 general election had it not been for two things:

The utterly unexpected effect on the population of the "Falklands Factor".

The fact that the Labour Party had veered sharply to the left and was racked by schism.

Those two factors won't save The Boy David from the political fall-out from the almost non-existent "austerity" measures being implemented, let alone anything more severe.

What would you cut to get it to 20%

I would start with tax cuts to increase production in the private sector; tax cuts would create jobs and increase prosperity.

Cut the vast amount of waste in public sector.

Reward public sector bosses if they cut waste without cutting services.

Pay freeze in the public sector until their pay is comparable to the private sector.

Benefits, I wouldn’t reward laziness.

Population size by cutting immigration significantly.

I would stop trying to police the world.

I wouldn’t waste vast sums of money on the EU.

I would increase interest rates slowly.

I would slowly end the state monopoly on education and health.

I love the silence surrounding this. I bet loads of closet commies had long threads ready written to submit this morning and had to can them once the growth figures were announced.

Try this then:

http://falseeconomy.org.uk/cure/what-do-the-experts-say

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 19:16 ----------

Great result for the Chancellor, despite the difficulties in Europe and the US his brilliance is seeing the UK rise from the ashes of the last Labour debacle.

Well done Danny Alexander and Vince Cable. In fact the whole Con/Lib alliance is getting us back on the right track.

True blue will get you through!

What is considered to be a great success for the downgraded chancer is that we've avoided a triple dip recession. Says it all really.

I would start with tax cuts to increase production in the private sector; tax cuts would create jobs and increase prosperity.

Cut the vast amount of waste in public sector.

Reward public sector bosses if they cut waste without cutting services.

Pay freeze in the public sector until their pay is comparable to the private sector.

Benefits, I wouldn’t reward laziness.

Population size by cutting immigration significantly.

I would stop trying to police the world.

I wouldn’t waste vast sums of money on the EU.

I would increase interest rates slowly.

I would slowly end the state monopoly on education and health.

Remind me who you vote for. It can't be the Tories that's for sure. If it is they must be a huge disappointment.

Archived