Race track at the back of Hyde Park flats

Shogun

I once went to the Hyde Park flats and I can remember seeing at the back some sort of track or what looked like a small sports ground there, does anyone know of this ground or have any information as to what it was,I think it was about 25 years ago when I saw it,one thing that struck me was seeing loads of rats scurrying about the place.

yrs the last one i was at had to be pre 1960 in Leicestershire somewhere, a great big Borg hound cameout and was 1-9 on right away thinks uh O sure enough went around that track inthe lead by 20lenghts but lots of fun at then tracks

The dog track at Goldthorpe is a flapper track I believe. We used to play on the derilict Darnall dog track at the top of Poole Road as kids in the 60's.

I remember the Hyde Park track, was told that someone put a piece of formica in the favourites trap so the dog couldn't get out when it opened. Could be true alsorts happened at these tracks!

Archived