Having a miscarriage and need advice

I started bleeding heavily 2 weeks ago. Did a pregnancy test a couple of days ago and came back positive, did 2 more to confirm.

Do I need to do anything or will it all sort itselt out? My doctor is very unhelpful so I won't get much help there...

Thanks.

If that's the case that 'docter' needs sacking. Please follow the advice on here.

Bleeding in early pregnancy is common, it doesn't necessarily mean you are miscarrying.

I speak from experience, my wife had some bleeding in early pregnancy with both our kids. As you probably are, when it was our first, we assumed the worst and were distraught. It was on a Saturday night and after speaking with NHS Direct, all we could do was make an appointment to see a doctor on Monday morning, who did refer us to the early pregnancy unit at the Hallamshire for a scan which was another few days away. As you can imagine, the wait was very upsetting, but if you are miscarrying, there is nothing A&E can do for you.

I would see a doctor (ask for a different one), and ask for a scan at the EPU at the Hallamshire.

Well I though I was just having a normal period until it went on for twice as long as normal. I visited the GUM clinic and had swabs and a smear, all came back clear. Then I went to the walk in centre and was told the same thing. Then I saw a gynae doctor at Thornbury and had an examination. Was told not to worry, it's probably just hormonal and it happens sometimes. After another week I was still bleeding so I did a pregnancy test (3 in total) and they all came back positive, so I must be having a miscarriage. Had no idea I was pregnant.

I just can't believe I went to 3 different establishments and no one did a pregnancy test, even though I was exhibiting all the signs of a miscarriage. That's why I'm asking for advice here, because I don't exactly trust them to do a thorough job. :('

I can't believe it either, because when I went to the walk in with similar symptoms the first thing they did was a pregnancy test. But it may have been to do with my recent medical history. Please get yourself into the doctors or hospital as soon as you can. I hope you get sorted

Archived