Newspapers to reject press regulation plans.

Or rather the press who hold massive, unaccountable influence of our nation tells our democratically elected government (and opposition) and the nation at large to get ****ed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22294722

I rarely get angry about things I can't change but this has got me seething. Scum scum scum, every one of them. Anyone who regularly buy these rags are idiots of the very highest order.

I agree with you and the hypocrisy of the Mail and the Sun in particular is breathtaking.

These 2 publications always complain about the dangers of "vested interests" and self regulation of teachers, trade unions, doctors for instance. They are sensationalist and self serving.

They cannot see that it was their behaviour that was responsible for the Leveson enquiry.

The only crumb of comfort I take is that newspaper sales in total are declining. Hopefully the pernicious influence of Dacre and Murdoch will shrink to the point of insignificance.

I agree with you and the hypocrisy of the Mail and the Sun in particular is breathtaking.

These 2 publications always complain about the dangers of "vested interests" and self regulation of teachers, trade unions, doctors for instance. They are sensationalist and self serving.

They cannot see that it was their behaviour that was responsible for the Leveson enquiry.

The only crumb of comfort I take is that newspaper sales in total are declining. Hopefully the pernicious influence of Dacre and Murdoch will shrink to the point of insignificance.

I hope they all go bust - the sooner the better. If I dropped the euro millions, I'd invest the time and take pictures of the editors and columnists, and a bit of rumour and innuendo, and take a full page in their (or rivals) paper, see how they like it. Kathryn Jenkins the latest to get some daily fail poison for <gasp> wearing earrings and <<double gasp>> sunglasses in a sunny London marathon. Why does that deserve such vitriolic abuse !?!?!

The only paper I will buy is the Independent. Anything else is condoning lies.

The only reason the press don't want regulating is so that they can say and do what they want .

The only reason Murdock has been hounded is because he became to ****-sure of himself .

The press do need to be regulated . The only problem is ," By whom ". There is always someone who is prepared to sell his/her soul to the devil .

Regardless of that , the offender always get their just reward .

The only paper I will buy is the Independent. Anything else is condoning lies.

To be fair the Independant is no better than the rest i.e. every media source. They peddle opinions rather than actual news content and are aligned to political opinion or invoke persuasion despite what they may say to the contrary. Occasionally and briefly, they align themselves to some supposed public opnion in order to boost circulation. If you cut the crap out of a newspaper you'd be lucky to find half a page of news which is quite astounding since newspapers are approximately 50 pages long.

I have an alternative view, I actually see it as good.

They have pretty much refused the 'soft' option which will hopefully force the government to produce proper legal regulation.

Are you a betting person ? If you are I wouldn't give you much of a chance .

Well we're pretty much back to where we started with, with the exception that everyone now knows the papers won't take regulation unless it's written into law.

The lines have been drawn IMO, now we'll see if anyone will call them out.

Archived