Newspapers to reject press regulation plans.

Well we're pretty much back to where we started with, with the exception that everyone now knows the papers won't take regulation unless it's written into law.

The lines have been drawn IMO, now we'll see if anyone will call them out.

Don't think they have the conkers. Both main parties rely on them to tell the simple minded who to vote for. I think they've gone as far as they dare.

Well we're pretty much back to where we started with, with the exception that everyone now knows the papers won't take regulation unless it's written into law.

The lines have been drawn IMO, now we'll see if anyone will call them out.

I certainly hope you're right.

There's a simple answer.

If you don't like what the newspapers print, don't buy the newspapers.

If the newspapers keep printing crap, you can assume that they've tapped a supply of indiscriminate arseholes - or you've got it wrong.

Or both.

Don't think they have the conkers. Both main parties rely on them to tell the simple minded who to vote for. I think they've gone as far as they dare.

How right you are . What with the election in 15 and the Scottish referendum in 14 and all the lies , statistics and bull in between . I don't think that any sensible politician ( if there is such an animal ) would stick his/her neck in the proverbial noose .

Oh! I do hope that the Scottish people come up with their usual hard headed logic and , that the English , welsh and Irish use a bit of uncommon common sense , and stick their two fingers up to the whole pretentious , over inflated, egotistical , class ridden system which undermines the true meaning of democracy .

Archived