Men V Woman? Are We Now Finally Equal?

We might have equal rights in law, but in practice this doesn't necessarily mean real equality. You only have to look at the current government, how many women are in the cabinet? In top corporations how many women are CEOs or even sit on the board of directors?

I'd like to see some actual figures for the number of female high court judges, or women bishops, or pricipals in top Universities. Yes I know it's slowly improving but until women fill 50% of these influential positions I don't think we can claim true equality.

Which law states that 50% of cabinet members/CEOs have to be female? (or male for that matter)

If there isn't one, do you think there should be?

You really like that word don't you!! MIke8996756 - you are clearly a very clever man. What/why (:D:D) on earth are you doing on here!! :hihi::D

It is not a question of preference but one of aptness.

Thank you for the compliment. So very kind of you.

What am I doing here? Educating the ignorant.:D

Oh mike, you really are a boring old chap, did you not see the smiley either ?

If you have a point to make fella, post us some copied and pasted material off t'internet (like you usually do) showing us how women built the modern world while looking after 10 children and cooking all those meals :hihi::hihi:

My points have already been made. If there had been a need to copy and paste any futher evidentiary material I would have. I don't have a problem with utilising the academic and legal convention of independant substantiation as it is a ubiquitously accepted, sagacious and civilised custom.

Whilst my points have, indeed, been made you have not addressed them, preferring to rely on your customary ad hominem obfuscation as the light grows increasingly dim on your credibility.

Mike9869696 copys and pastes?? :confused:

Indeed I do.

It is not a question of preference but one of aptness.

Thank you for the compliment. So very kind of you.

What am I doing here? Educating the ignorant.:D

My points have already been made. If there had been a need to copy and paste any futher evidentiary material I would have. I don't have a problem with utilising the academic and legal convention of independant substantiation as it is a ubiquitously accepted, sagacious and civilised custom.

Whilst my points have, indeed, been made you have not addressed them, preferring to rely on your customary ad hominem obfuscation as the light grows increasingly dim on your credibility.

Indeed I do.

That's another 'words' you use!! Please stop with these words!! 98% of Sheffield are confused!! I thought that was a synth band from 1981!!

That's another 'words' you use!! Please stop with these words!! 98% of Sheffield are confused!! I thought that was a synth band from 1981!!

Well, I'm in the 2%.

That made perfect sense. It was the previous sentence that took 3 reads. In fact, I think I'd rather mike posts entirely in Latin from now on.

In continuing the human species, nature has allowed men the easy part; fatherhood requires little more than a brief sexual indulgence.

Basic biology has thrown on women the burden of pregnancy and childcare.

To become a surgeon/astronaut/top politician/actor........etc,. requires commitment. Few men are able to become skilled at the top level in more than one field. If I (though willy-enabled) applied for a "top job" or its training position, I would expect that being known to be also committed to a different occupation would count against me.

So a woman may become a "wife and mother" and also an average professional/administrator/what-have-you, or give up her family role and concentrate on "reaching the top". Those men who put their family life first have the same problem, but to lesser degree.

How many men have had marriages fail (either openly in divorce, or in "staying together for the children") because of their determination to pursue a career?

Archived