Alfie Hogg, does anyone know him?

I've known Alfie about 25 years and never known him do a days work.

He did once in about 1966, I was on a job at Pitsmoor [working mans club Pie Bank] and Alfy turned up to lay some bricks , the problem was he had forgot his trowel so proceeded to utalise a strip of lino .

He lasted a couple of hours.

At that time I was working with a bricklayer called Albert Greenwood who was a scholar and a gentleman.

He did once in about 1966, I was on a job at Pitsmoor [working mans club Pie Bank] and Alfy turned up to lay some bricks , the problem was he had forgot his trowel so proceeded to utalise a strip of lino .

He lasted a couple of hours.

At that time I was working with a bricklayer called Albert Greenwood who was a scholar and a gentleman.

The reason I asked is because someone said they saw Joe Knight in Mablethorpe last weekend and he said Alfie had past away, anyway today I made enquiries in Lloyds in town where Alfie boozes and guess stood who was at the bar? Alfie Hogg.

Should have known better listening to any story coming from Joe Knight.

I started this thread before going into town to try and find out what if anything had happened.

The reason I asked is because someone said they saw Joe Knight in Mablethorpe last weekend and he said Alfie had past away, anyway today I made enquiries in Lloyds in town where Alfie boozes and guess stood who was at the bar? Alfie Hogg.

Should have known better listening to any story coming from Joe Knight.

I started this thread before going into town to try and find out what if anything had happened.

Mablethorpe does funny things to people!

Known him 45 years never known him have a job, had a drink with him last week in Wetherspoon's.

Heard a story about when he was working, he was given the job of constructing a manhole that was quite deep, as he got higher he was struggling to reach so he put 45 gallon drum in the hole to stand on.

When he had finished and tried to get the drum out of the hole he couldn't, he hadn't built it straight, it taperd towards the top.

Had to start again.

Known him 45 years never known him have a job, had a drink with him last week in Wetherspoon's.

Heard a story about when he was working, he was given the job of constructing a manhole that was quite deep, as he got higher he was struggling to reach so he put 45 gallon drum in the hole to stand on.

When he had finished and tried to get the drum out of the hole he couldn't, he hadn't built it straight, it taperd towards the top.

Had to start again.

Now't to do with Alfie , But I worked on the Hyde Park flats and when the flats were about finished they found that a large compressor unit was still in the front room of one flat, They tried dismantling it but it was still to big to get out so in the end had to knock down half the flat.

Think he must have come in to some money, had a nice suit on, collar and tie, Crombie overcoat looked quite smart.

Said he drinks 7 pints of Kronenberg a day must be £3 a pint even in Wetherspoons.