Identifying Signature on Painting

Stylistically, from the very small sample, it looks like a Balesi. Can you include a larger area of the canvas?

yes, will post shortly.

---------- Post added 26-04-2013 at 21:55 ----------

Here it is, lost some fine detail and there's a bit of flash reflection on left:

http://s665.photobucket.com/user/carosio/media/Lakes.jpg.html

The size of the visible canvas is 35"x 24", the photo has slightly enhanced contrast to match its appearance in stronger artificial light. Its also marked 1996 on the rear. The detail on the trees and foliage is some of the best I've seen.

---------- Post added 26-04-2013 at 22:32 ----------

Thanks for identifying the artist.

Thanks. For the prices asked, they're cheaper (apart from framing) than some prints in the high street shops!

I don't much about the art market, but I suspect the thatched cottage scenes might be out of fashion.

I'll post up more detail of the back cover later today.

...I don't much about the art market, but I suspect the thatched cottage scenes might be out of fashion...

I think you're right, carioso. Personally, I'd rather have an enlarged version of that rectangular fragment from your original post on my wall than those whole thatched cottages. But I'm weird in that way (art school indoctrination).

I know what I like, and I buy what I like (if I can afford it) I'm not interested in Fashion. If something goes up on my walls I have to be able to appreciate it 24/7 not look at it and think - "well it's in vogue"

I have 3 Brian Brogan water colours up on the walls, and a Peter Huckerby water colour (getting famous as a photographer nowadays) Both Sheffield Artists I believe, along with a few more - I don't look at them every day in detail, but when I do, I'm so amazed that someone can convey so many emotions with just a few strokes of a paint brush.