Have you ever wished you'd left it alone?

The drawers in the Welsh dresser were a bit stiff so I thought I'd soap the runners to ease the travel. It worked a treat, so well in fact that the drawers slid open.

Down to the garage to get the spirit level, floor's level but the dresser slopes away from the wall.

Ah, that must be due to the new carpet where we previously had bare floorboards. We now have grippers all along the wall so the back of the dresser must be sitting on that hence the slope.

Up to the loft to shift all the stuff which is blocking access to the offcuts of the new carpet. You know the stuff, cat baskets, old train set, rolled up rugs, Christmas decorations. Well, we weren't going to need the offcuts in a hurry were we?

Unwrap the 3 bin liners carefully sealed with masking tape to expose a piece of carpet, enough to cut off a 6" x 4" piece to wedge under the edges of the dresser.

Back to dining room where I lifted the dresser while oh poked bits of carpet under the front. Sorted!

Return to garage to replace spirit level, re-wrap and seal offcuts, replace all remaining loft paraphernalia.

Pour glass of wine.

The moral, sod the drawers and go straight to the glass of wine.

I once layed a shed base and erected the shed at the unkempt and hidden back part of our garden, one thing led to another and I ended up hard lanscaping the entire area, retaining walls, decking, paving, a couple of tonne of gravel to handball all the way up from the road.

Thought I'd finished then Mrs D mentioned the planting aspect....

Looks nice though now, long after the event.

Enjoy your glass of wine max :thumbsup:

The drawers in the Welsh dresser were a bit stiff so I thought I'd soap the runners to ease the travel. It worked a treat, so well in fact that the drawers slid open.

Down to the garage to get the spirit level, floor's level but the dresser slopes away from the wall.

Ah, that must be due to the new carpet where we previously had bare floorboards. We now have grippers all along the wall so the back of the dresser must be sitting on that hence the slope.

Up to the loft to shift all the stuff which is blocking access to the offcuts of the new carpet. You know the stuff, cat baskets, old train set, rolled up rugs, Christmas decorations. Well, we weren't going to need the offcuts in a hurry were we?

Unwrap the 3 bin liners carefully sealed with masking tape to expose a piece of carpet, enough to cut off a 6" x 4" piece to wedge under the edges of the dresser.

Back to dining room where I lifted the dresser while oh poked bits of carpet under the front. Sorted!

Return to garage to replace spirit level, re-wrap and seal offcuts, replace all remaining loft paraphernalia.

Pour glass of wine.

The moral, sod the drawers and go straight to the glass of wine.

Busy man !:)

Archived