Compensation for cannabis farmers wronged by the state.

While I believe that smoking while stoned is not as dangerous as drink driving, I would still welcome such a test.

I think the fundamental difference there is that alcohol gives you a sense of invulnerability where cannabis makes you paranoid...

I'm an ordinary person. My last tax bill was 50% of my earnings. I don't think I know ONE person that hasn't ever used drugs, most still use them.

Depends on definition.

If you mean those banned by present UK law (I think Oz laws are the same), then I'll volunteer to be the ONE who hasn't tried them.

I've got some younger friends who also deny having used them.

If you include alcohol, tobacco, and smelling roses, then OK!

BTW, that last tax bill seems high! Was it only income tax?

Only time I've had one like that was when we got a HUGE rise in income (self-employed) and they charged "provisional tax" as an advance on next year!

If the rate of income tax is 50% of TOTAL income, the top bracket must be ... what, 70%?

Why is it that in the UK,

if you set up a whole host of Wind Turbines (even if it's a grossly inefficient enterrprise) it's described as a 'Wind Farm'

but

if you set up a commercial (even if it's not very efficient) cannabis plantation it's described as a 'cannabis factory'?

Why is it that in the UK,

if you set up a whole host of Wind Turbines (even if it's a grossly inefficient enterrprise) it's described as a 'Wind Farm'

but

if you set up a commercial (even if it's not very efficient) cannabis plantation it's described as a 'cannabis factory'?

I would suggest it is defined by the primary input: farms derive their primary input from nature, factories use harnessed energy.

Most cannabis in the UK is grown under lights, so by that definition would be a factory.

Would a popular lad of sixteen, doing well at school, seen at eighteen striding through the village with dog and girlfriend, have become a paranoid wreck with poor memory if he had not been one of the heaviest marijuana smokers around?

Maybe he would.

But I'm grateful to him; seeing this happen to him put my sons off the stuff.

That's what they told me, anyway.

Fair comment, at least this shows young people can make sensible decisions by themselves, we don't need stupid laws to tell us what to do. It didn't stop the happy go lucky lad from giving it a try and liking it, if it wasn't against the law, maybe he wouldn't have become paranoid, is it the drug or the law and the risk of being arrested and branded a criminal that caused it?

Put it this way, I'd rather have a heavy cannabis smoker living next door to me than a drinker. The law is ridiculous.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 11:27 ----------

I would suggest it is defined by the primary input: farms derive their primary input from nature, factories use harnessed energy.

Most cannabis in the UK is grown under lights, so by that definition would be a factory.

Some people use these systems to grow food, does this make their home a tomato factory?

I think the fundamental difference there is that alcohol gives you a sense of invulnerability where cannabis makes you paranoid...

Just realised that I wrote 'smoking while stoned', oops! I was sober too!

Cannabis never makes me paranoid!....

How do you know??

I don't think I know ONE person that hasn't ever used drugs, most still use them.

oh come on. You must know that for every person like you, who doesn't know anybody at all who as far as they know, have not used drugs, there will be somebody else who as far as they know, don't know anyone, as in the sense of their being a personal friend, who has. Almost 12 million people in this country are over the age of 65. Do you think they 'all' have friends now, who have smoked cannabis at some point in their lives? Some of them, maybe even many of them, obviously will. But 'all' of them? Are you serious?

also drugs usage, including the number of cannabis smokers, is apparently going down. The number of young heroin addicts is at historic low. There is a lot less of it going on than there was 15 years ago. I don't see there being any particular climate for legalisation at the moment. There's no votes in it. Appeasing the airheads, and legalising spliff, is not a priority for politicians of any party. They are not interested in it because they think that hardly any of the voters are interested in it either. Which is why nobody ever mentions it.

oh come on. You must know that for every person like you, who doesn't know anybody at all who as far as they know, have not used drugs, there will be somebody else who as far as they know, don't know anyone, as in the sense of their being a personal friend, who has. Almost 12 million people in this country are over the age of 65. Do you think they 'all' have friends now, who have smoked cannabis at some point in their lives? Some of them, maybe even many of them, obviously will. But 'all' of them? Are you serious?

also drugs usage, including the number of cannabis smokers, is apparently going down. The number of young heroin addicts is at historic low. There is a lot less of it going on than there was 15 years ago. I don't see there being any particular climate for legalisation at the moment. There's no votes in it. Appeasing the airheads, and legalising spliff, is not a priority for politicians of any party. They are not interested in it because they think that hardly any of the voters are interested in it either. Which is why nobody ever mentions it.

Firstly, I was just using myself and my group of friends as an example. Of course there are people who have never used drugs.

Secondly, you can't seriously think that the popularity of drugs a good reason for legalisation?!?

The less people take hard drugs, the better.

I don't care if there are 10 million heroin addicts in the UK or just 10. If drugs were legal, they wouldn't be manufactured, transported and supplied by criminals.

Do some research and look into how innocent members of the public get roped into the illegal drugs trade. Then tell me that legalisation would still be a bad idea!

Fair comment, at least this shows young

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 11:27 ----------

[/color]

Some people use these systems to grow food, does this make their home a tomato factory?

nahhh growing food using the lights , hydro ponics is just not worth it....

saw one of those shops with the mini set up and a couple of lettuces in the bottom....:hihi: no way...about £10 a lettuce only an idiot would do that

Archived