Compensation for cannabis farmers wronged by the state.

nahhh growing food using the lights , hydro ponics is just not worth it....

saw one of those shops with the mini set up and a couple of lettuces in the bottom....:hihi: no way...about £10 a lettuce only an idiot would do that

I've got a mate who's a heat (foodwise) nut who has bough hydroponic gear to grow those mental naga chillis. Though fair enough most people use them for weed.

Thinking for yourself

Depriving pharmaceutical companies of revenue

Having a good time

Not adhering to the hive mind

None of which is a crime but thats what you're doing.

Decriminalisation/legalisation can't be far away. If america is doing it then we won't be far away, america has traditionally had a far more draconian stance on drugs than us so if they are softening then we will. MY guess is by the end of the decade growing your own will be commonplace

also drugs usage, including the number of cannabis smokers, is apparently going down. The number of young heroin addicts is at historic low. There is a lot less of it going on than there was 15 years ago. I don't see there being any particular climate for legalisation at the moment. There's no votes in it. Appeasing the airheads, and legalising spliff, is not a priority for politicians of any party. They are not interested in it because they think that hardly any of the voters are interested in it either. Which is why nobody ever mentions it.

However as Discodown has already pointed out there is votes in it, cannabis is used by people across the whole political spectrum, it is a universal drug used by so many 'different' people.

However as Discodown has already pointed out there is votes in it, cannabis is used by people across the whole political spectrum, it is a universal drug used by so many 'different' people.

It occurred to me a bit too late to act on it, but if someone had stood for the police commissioner elections on a platform of ignoring cannabis, then that could have been quite an effective vote on the subject.

you don't seem to have realised that ordinary people of each social class and income level, in every country, right across the world, do not like people in their midst, taking drugs including marijuana. Whether you or I, like to smoke the odd spliff, is irrelevant.

I guess its a perception.

Alcohol, Tobacco, Coffee or Paracetamol are drugs.

You can smoke a cigarette but put a bit of weed in it and its illegal even though tobacco is a weed.

If you cant regulate it then its illegal.

Now i dont smoke weed, it seems that its now the poor mans drugs that only chavs seem to smoke or they are the only ones stupid enough to get caught with it. You cant walk through town without smelling it.

But not sure it should be illegal.

Remember that homosexuality used to be illegal. How stupid does that seem now.

Chavs think its clever and have less to loose by smoking it in public, doesn't mean others never smoke it, it's just that you don't see it.

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 00:42 ----------

It occurred to me a bit too late to act on it, but if someone had stood for the police commissioner elections on a platform of ignoring cannabis, then that could have been quite an effective vote on the subject.

Exactly! I would vote for almost anyone wanting to legalise or decriminalise the usage of cannabis.

I guess its a perception.

Alcohol, Tobacco, Coffee or Paracetamol are drugs.

You can smoke a cigarette but put a bit of weed in it and its illegal even though tobacco is a weed.

If you cant regulate it then its illegal.

Now i dont smoke weed, it seems that its now the poor mans drugs that only chavs seem to smoke or they are the only ones stupid enough to get caught with it. You cant walk through town without smelling it.

But not sure it should be illegal.

Remember that homosexuality used to be illegal. How stupid does that seem now.

I agree with the fact that it should be legal, but the rest of your post os rubbish!

People of all walks of life smoke weed. Always have done, always will do. To say it's only poor people is stupid!

And I've walked through town more times than I care to remember and I've NEVER smelt weed.

Chavs think its clever and have less to loose by smoking it in public, doesn't mean others never smoke it, it's just that you don't see it.

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 00:42 ----------

Exactly! I would vote for almost anyone wanting to legalise or decriminalise the usage of cannabis.

Ive been to Amsterdam a few times and the coffee shops are a tourist attraction. No one would want them on their door step.

Ive been to Amsterdam a few times and the coffee shops are a tourist attraction. No one would want them on their door step.

Why?

My experience of 'coffee shops' in Amsterdam have always been positive. Never any violence, great atmosphere and nice people. What's wrong with that?

What you'd rather us keep all our empty shop units instead? We should be doing almost everthing we can to stimulate growth and create employment.

Why?

My experience of 'coffee shops' in Amsterdam have always been positive. Never any violence, great atmosphere and nice people. What's wrong with that?

the government of the Netherlands thinks there is quite a lot wrong with it. Which is why they have been clamping down heavily on marijuana coffee shops in the past couple of years. Believe it or not, a lot of Dutch people do not like their country being associated with a bunch of airheaded clowns walking around spliffed out of their eyeballs, in such a state that a multi-coloured bouncy beach ball looks better to them than one of their Rembrandt pictures in one of Amsterdam's superb art galleries. None of which is ever mentioned by the 'Legalise it Now!' brigade, who want to promote the notion that is only a question of when, not if, the law is liberalised and that it is this historically inevitable thing.

Archived