Compensation for cannabis farmers wronged by the state.

yes I have actually. First time I went in the late 1980s we went over on a bus-ferry from London for thirty quid return. We had a guitar with us, to busk with. The first night, somebody pulled a knife on me, looking to mug me, but I talked him out of it. You have a much too glamoruised view of places where there are a lot of people, who take drugs and use prostitutes. This is coming from somebody who smokes weed themselves, to this day.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 08:39 ----------

yes it does happen in Amsterdam like it happened to me, and it can happen here too. Because that wasn't the first time, somebody had pulled a knife on me. It happened to me in Broomhall also, in the 1980s - which, by a curious coincidence, was another place where there was a lot of drug-taking and prostitution.

you guys need a reality check. This is why increasingly people in Amsterdam do not want their country associated with drugs-taking and prostitution. I have never seen any signs, showing a warning-danger of mugging, anywhere in the world, apart from Amsterdam.

Because of the liberal attitude, Amsterdam feel it's necessary to put up such signs. Places like Sheffield for example, don't permit any drug taking or openly promote prostitution. A sign saying danger of mugging in Sheffield would make people feel unsafe, where as the same sign in Amsterdam would make people feel safe.

The only place I've ever had a knife pulled on me, or mugged in any way, was in Sheffield town center.

will you stop going on about this 'liberal attitude'. Don't you even know that the law has been changed and that foreigners aren't even supposed to use coffee shops any more. The people that actually live in Amsterdam, as opposed to drugs tourists, who don't, became concerned about cross-border crime where criminals were coming to Dam to aquire drugs to sell in their own countries and they were also worried about a perceived increase in hard drugs sellers. You might have this perception that de-criminalisation reduces crime, but other people have come to the opposite conclusion and that it has, in fact only served to empower criminal elements.

The only place I've ever had a knife pulled on me, or mugged in any way, was in Sheffield town center.

I hope you are trying to make out that Sheffield in some way has a high violent crime rate. Because its reputation as having possibly the lowest rate of violent crime in Europe, is deserved. Maybe you should be getting around more and try visiting a few places where being able to sit in a public square smoking a spliff is not the entire raison d'etre for going there.

Archived