Drones being operated in UK attacking Afghanistan

Look, im not questioning anyone's patriotism and you have the right to an opinion.

If we didnt protest and fight for causes then Elephants & Whales would be extinct.

We all know the reason we went to war in Iraq. Was to get a foothold in the middle east. But the fight against capitalism is always hypocritical.

No one wants to pay £4.00 a litre but that is what it would be if we were held to ransom by the middle east. Lets see how sympathetic people are when their monthly gas bill is doubled.

But the fight in Afghanistan is against a regime who have archaic beliefs and hate everything we believe in and would not hesitate to kill your kids to enforce that view.

Please provide a link which say the drones are being operated (not launched) from the UK:

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 06:07 ----------

And which branch of the armed forces did you serve in?

Would you be prepared to put your life on the line, or are you a coward?

I used to fly bombers. It was a job. AS I became older and more senior, I became one of the people who told the bomber crews what to bomb.

That too was a job.

If - as a senior targetter - I was still doing the job I used to do some years ago and if I could now do that job by sending an unmanned system to interdict the target, I'd be rather pleased.

Or would you rather I sent some people in on the ground so that the terrorist arseholes could blow them up?

If you don't want to be targetted by the people who are now doing my job (or those who are working for the people who took my place) I can give you a really simple solution.

Put down your weapons, dig your fields and grow the food you need to survive.

If you get that bit right, then you won't have to send so many of your countrymen to live in the UK.

My bold,

would you do the same if someone decided to invade the U.K?

Would you dig fields?or give your life to defend this country?

We had no reason to join America in this war,it has only made OUR innocent people targets from a more spread out network of terrorists.Some living on our doorstep!

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 10:58 ----------

I'll be honest Pete, you don't come cross as knowledgeable at all. I stand to be corrected, what do you know from practical experience?

Well thanks for the observation Andy,when I feel the need to prove myself to you,I will pop you my C.V through.

Until then...

Look, im not questioning anyone's patriotism and you have the right to an opinion.

If we didnt protest and fight for causes then Elephants & Whales would be extinct.

We all know the reason we went to war in Iraq. Was to get a foothold in the middle east. But the fight against capitalism is always hypocritical.

No one wants to pay £4.00 a litre but that is what it would be if we were held to ransom by the middle east. Lets see how sympathetic people are when their monthly gas bill is doubled.

But the fight in Afghanistan is against a regime who have archaic beliefs and hate everything we believe in and would not hesitate to kill your kids to enforce that view.

Iraq would not have been possible to take without using Afghanistan.And anyone that plays chess would understand why Iran are so worried.

My bold,

would you do the same if someone decided to invade the U.K?

Would you dig fields?or give your life to defend this country?

We had no reason to join America in this war,it has only made OUR innocent people targets from a more spread out network of terrorists.Some living on our doorstep!

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 10:58 ----------

Well thanks for the observation Andy,when I feel the need to prove myself to you,I will pop you my C.V through.

Until then...

The military action in Afghanistan was, surely, to prevent the takeover of the region by terrorists. This in response to 9/11. As the UK was subject to attack on 7/7. Why should we sit back and expect the Americans to do our fighting for us?

The attacks on the WTC were also the worst loss of UK lives in a single terrorist attack.

Bin Ladens attack was on America.Other nationalities got caught up in it,but there is no denying he was targeting Americans.

And considering these groups were armed/trained and even created by the CIA,people need to start understanding why they actually turned on America.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 11:21 ----------

The military action in Afghanistan was, surely, to prevent the takeover of the region by terrorists. This in response to 9/11. As the UK was subject to attack on 7/7. Why should we sit back and expect the Americans to do our fighting for us?

And do you believe there would have even been a 7/7,if we hadn't gone to "war"?

Because I don't.

Bin Ladens attack was on America.Other nationalities got caught up in it,but there is no denying he was targeting Americans.

And considering these groups were armed/trained and even created by the CIA,people need to start understanding why they actually turned on America.

Bin Laden targetted civilisation (western). He is a Wahabbi, an intolerant and increasingly deadly Muslim sect. The US did not arm him, they armed the Mujadadeen then fighting the Russians and a communist government in Kabul. Bin Laden had the money (earned as a Saudi supplying oil to the west) to infiltrate and influence the brave but naive fighters.

Bin Laden was a believer in muslim world domination as such he shared a mind set with all the other nut cases who throughout history have sought to impose their beliefs on others.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 11:30 ----------

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 11:21 ----------

And do you believe there would have even been a 7/7,if we hadn't gone to "war"?

Because I don't.

Yes I do, no response by the west to 9/11 would have led to the attack being perceived as a success and could easily have been a green light to nutters such as perpetrated 7/7.

At least by being in Afghanistan we are killing them on their ground rather than having to defend ourselves here.

And just to add,these are American made terrorist's.

Its funny how there is a fine line between terrorist's and freedom fighters.

If they are fighting the Russians invading,they are freedom fighters.Yet when we invade,they are all terrorists.

I don't get why some people have such one sided perspectives.

There are people seriously profiteering from the mess in the middle east.and I don't think it was by accident or coincidence.

Bin Laden targetted civilisation (western). He is a Wahabbi, an intolerant and increasingly deadly Muslim sect. The US did not arm him, they armed the Mujadadeen then fighting the Russians and a communist government in Kabul. Bin Laden had the money (earned as a Saudi supplying oil to the west) to infiltrate and influence the brave but naive fighters.

Bin Laden was a believer in muslim world domination as such he shared a mind set with all the other nut cases who throughout history have sought to impose their beliefs on others.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 11:30 ----------

Yes I do, no response by the west to 9/11 would have led to the attack being perceived as a success and could easily have been a green light to nutters such as perpetrated 7/7.

At least by being in Afghanistan we are killing them on their ground rather than having to defend ourselves here.

I agree, world war two being a good example, we could have kicked hitters arse long before the war started but we didn’t want to start a war, if we had there wouldn’t have been so much loss of life.

Archived