Original gift ideas for new baby/mum?

I am looking for some ideas for a different present for someone who is due to give birth to their first baby very shortly. They have most of the big things they need, and have chosen not to find out the baby's gender, so I'm struggling to think of something to buy. I want to get a gift for each of them. Oh, and I don't have a very big budget.

Any ideas anyone? :help:

Hi there Isabelle

We have lots of great items we can personalise for a new baby. We also have clay imprints on offer at £20 (usually £40) - Clay imprints capture a little ones hands and feet in clay - they make wonderful keepsakes. There's pictures of our products on our facebook page and website. Alternatively we have gift vouchers. Feel free to contact us on 0114 2403813 if we can help you with anything x

what is your relationship to this mother and child?

If it's your sister or similarly close person, keepsake items may be appropriate, but if not, you may find you're duplicating something somebody has already bought (although if you're going to craft something, that's fine - how about a framed cross stitch? Leave space for the name, dob, and weight so you can fill that in as soon as you know)

There's no such thing as too many vests or babygrows, so as a rule of thumb, I buy ones the next couple of sizes up, as less people buy those

what is your relationship to this mother and child?

If it's your sister or similarly close person, keepsake items may be appropriate, but if not, you may find you're duplicating something somebody has already bought (although if you're going to craft something, that's fine - how about a framed cross stitch? Leave space for the name, dob, and weight so you can fill that in as soon as you know)

There's no such thing as too many vests or babygrows, so as a rule of thumb, I buy ones the next couple of sizes up, as less people buy those

I'm doing a cross stitched sampler for my nephew's Christening, I think it's a nice idea :)

Babysitting IOU's are cheap, you can make crafty ones too.

I only had one baby but it felt like five some days.

A solid two hour free time slot for a new mum can be worth it's weight in gold!

That IS true.

Also, a relative of mine brought me a food hamper after giving birth, with fresh fruits, bread, cheese, etc I thought that was so thoughtful, as I wasn't feeling like going to the shops.

Archived