UKIP Backs the EDL and says more exercise stops kids becoming gay!

I've got friends/acquaintances who are gay.

who are lesbian,

who are bicycles,

who are tricycles.

They're grouped under the heading 'friends and acquaintances' - along with all the rest.

In the 60's and early 70's, being sexually 'non-conformist' might lead to a 'bit of queer bashing' - though then again, it might not. - I had a number of friends who were male ballet dancers in the 70's. You do not pick fight with a male ballet dancer.

I thought that by the end of the 80's, most of the Western World had realised that people are just people?

Does anybody really bother nowadays?

Really care?

Does what they do (or what they don't do) infringe upon your life? - If so, how?

(Serious question.)

A queer (cos that's what we called them then - and it's how he described himself) friend (and he was a friend, not merely an acquaintance) of mine asked me one day:

"Do you feel awkward being with me?"

"Not at all - why should I?"

"Well, you know ..."

"You're my friend. When we meet people, you're charming and witty. If they're female, you're not on the 'competition list.'

"Bugger you! Rupert!"

"Not while there are good dogs on the street, boyo.":hihi:

"OK"::hihi:

We were very good friends indeed. We 'tolerated' (and sometimes liked) our partners and we never had to compete with one another.

Our friendship was firm. We liked one another. Friends like that are rare indeed.

My own personal opinion is that people who make these statements are rather dim and therefore can't see that they're unfit to be an MP or MEP.

However I don't think that such comments will do any harm to UKIP's election prospects. Unfortunately there are many people in this country who are bigoted and probably think the same way.

- I had a number of friends who were male ballet dancers in the 70's. You do not pick fight with a male ballet dancer.

A grandson of mine took ballet at school.

You're right -- developed great strength and agility.

On his "manhood" being questioned, he answered "Yeah! and where do you go to pick up top class girlks every day?"

But I'm glad folks answered my sarcastic post

(Let's see:

Top level tennis training works; have you ever heard of a gay Wimbledon contestant?)

with more examples of gay athletes!

You mean a UKIP member says, not UKIP in general right?

Let's see:

Top level tennis training works; have you ever heard of a gay Wimbledon contestant?

American Football works; it's well known they've never had a gay in a top team.

Probably a lot of other sports in which no gays have ever reached a high level!

Or are there?

Born in Czechoslovakia in 1956, Martina Navratilova began playing tennis at a young age, and was one of the top female tennis players in the world in the late 1970s and early '80s. Later in life, she authored a series of fiction books and was active in the gay rights movement.!

A grandson of mine took ballet at school.

You're right -- developed great strength and agility.

On his "manhood" being questioned, he answered "Yeah! and where do you go to pick up top class girlks every day?"

Given how much lifting a male ballet dancer does, that's a rather ambiguous answer. ;)

Archived