Relationship Torments

Do you ever have bad dreams or look back to your ex partners and are haunted by what happened years after, like the things that they or you did and that you were always used as a stop gap for them to gain better things and you are damaged and that suicide seems the only option to stop the pain that hurts so much and you are forever in grief for things that happened years ago!

Are you OK there, Bedrock?

You can't change the past, you can only learn from it and make better choices in the future. I sometimes have bad days when I think of bad things in the past and then I begin to question myself why I accepted it for so long. Then I remember that it is in the past and I am never going back there. Its better to be single than unhappy just for the sake of not being alone.

It's perfectly natural to think about the past and everyone has regrets about what they should or could have done differently. Those feelings never go away but you have to find a way of accepting them and making sure you don't make the same mistakes again.

All our experiences in life and love make us who we are, and with the right support you can move on and become a stronger, more confident person.

I had counselling after my divorce a few years ago as I ended it and my ex told me he wanted to kill himself so of course I felt incredibly guilty and it took a real toll on me mentally and emotionally. Even though we've both moved on, I still think about it every now and then but I just have to remember it's in the past and I remind myself of how far I've come since then.

I hope you have someone you can confide in over this as getting those feelings out into the open is very therapeutic!

Yes, I can look back on 65 years of mistakes and bad decisions (before that it wasn't really me deciding).

There's lots I would or should have done differently, including much about which I now feel guilty. I can't make recompense to a lot of people, they've already gone.

Would I act differently if I had it all to do over? If so, what would I regret on getting back to 77 years old again? maybe not the same things, but I'd probably still have a load of regrets.

Still, I'm OK today, and I just have to hope I stay OK.

Well, some days are fine and others I hate going to sleep but on the other hand cannot wait to be asleep so am not in this world for a few hours, sometimes I wish it was permanent sleep, I can't help being angry at myself and others for where am at in my life and am stuck in between thinking if I did things differently things would be different now, or maybe if I was born in another time that my circumstances would be different, I suppose I have to work with what I have and get on with it.

I am stuck between rocks and hard places at times and am damned if I do and well, you know what I mean...

I really wish I was stuck in time or could find alternate dimensions but am stuck on this path of uncertainty.

My life is like egg shells and can quickly deviate and go off track, several good days can be outweighed by one single thing.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 19:21 ----------

Well, looks like no good people will ever have fulfilling lives with someone of mutual love, commitment and attraction.

I am doomed to hell then and will die an isolated death caused by an isolated existence.

Bedrock, you need to go see the doctor, mate

It's a step I finally made myself take this week, and whilst i'm scared of taking the help he has offered me, I know it's going to help.

You're at Hackenthorpe? You registered at the Main Street docs? Dr Parkes has been a godsend.

They've offered me so much, and if one avenue doesn't work, then we'll try something else.

Bedrock, you need to go see the doctor, mate

It's a step I finally made myself take this week, and whilst i'm scared of taking the help he has offered me, I know it's going to help.

You're at Hackenthorpe? You registered at the Main Street docs? Dr Parkes has been a godsend.

They've offered me so much, and if one avenue doesn't work, then we'll try something else.

I am under that GP yes but I usually see Dr Raymond, she has a foreign accent and is nice to talk to.

I have had loads of counselling and CBT, group therapy and stress control classes and depression management courses all done and dusted.

I have exhausted every possible avenue in life and will have done everything people have suggested but its one extreme to another.

I think I have just had a rough few days and have not helped posting stuff on here, shall have to stop that.

Think no good woman or friend will touch me with a cattle prod, I am not a needy chap never have been.

Just desperate to have all the good things in life but when little things happen I never give them chance and start building barriers or looking for faults in things, its quite tragic really, all this love and passion for things always going to waste :loopy:

Well let us not forget that the male human is the weakest sex, generally emotionally retarded, and obsessed with the self to varying degrees, thus self gratification through the pursuit of the weekly Holy Grail, in the halls of the great pint, most worship, hoping that in such a state they might turn their dead end emotional lives around.

Narcissism is dwelling on the self, once it was admiring the beauty of the self, and in modern times it is no longer visual but contemplative. The popular pastime of examining the self, finding imperfections, digging deeper to reveal the blunders that led to it, and getting very upset indeed. This allows the self obsessed to feel they are alive, but unable to do much to improve it. Thus the cult of the useless, where the self created failure douses themselves hourly with the mantra of , if only, and why me! Advanced practitioners realise they fail to be covered with boils, and fermenting flesh on the outside, where they can expose themselves to a wider audience for the sacred drops of sympathy, that they hope might heal, such sufferings. Instead in modern times they have converted and concentrate their imaginary disease and putrefy internally, what we call psychologically, and the less informed call thinking, or finkin.

So where might the pathological leper go these day, to scream of their sincerity, and wail of their unfortunate self induced narcissistic plight?

Well it depends if one is strangely happy with their situation but does not want to admit it. Why you ask, because there is nothing happening in their empty lives of any worth. They do little outside consuming things, making sure they are warm and comfortable, and thus feel no one understands them, and sense no one want to either, thus slowly being drawn down the plughole of thought and thinking, into the drain of suffering.

We all know what you really want, to be accepted, valued, even thought of being special by someone you can at least attempt to love. When I say love maybe a bit more than sex this time? Like helping to make someone else’s life better instead of your practice of making it worse. You must realise you are a male and however much you drink, smoke or have sex, real happiness is elusive if not momentary. One gets happiness through seeing the result of ones actions in the eyes and face of others. Seeing people happy to be with you, glad to talk with you, laugh with you, shows you what its really all about. On the other hand why change at all and remain a selfish self obsessed person slowly going to where we all know such people go, where they are transformed into fertiliser and thus help to do good through increasing plant growth thus adding to human happiness in absentia!!!

Well let us not forget that the male human is the weakest sex, generally emotionally retarded, and obsessed with the self to varying degrees, thus self gratification through the pursuit of the weekly Holy Grail, in the halls of the great pint, most worship, hoping that in such a state they might turn their dead end emotional lives around.

Narcissism is dwelling on the self, once it was admiring the beauty of the self, and in modern times it is no longer visual but contemplative. The popular pastime of examining the self, finding imperfections, digging deeper to reveal the blunders that led to it, and getting very upset indeed. This allows the self obsessed to feel they are alive, but unable to do much to improve it. Thus the cult of the useless, where the self created failure douses themselves hourly with the mantra of , if only, and why me! Advanced practitioners realise they fail to be covered with boils, and fermenting flesh on the outside, where they can expose themselves to a wider audience for the sacred drops of sympathy, that they hope might heal, such sufferings. Instead in modern times they have converted and concentrate their imaginary disease and putrefy internally, what we call psychologically, and the less informed call thinking, or finkin.

So where might the pathological leper go these day, to scream of their sincerity, and wail of their unfortunate self induced narcissistic plight?

Well it depends if one is strangely happy with their situation but does not want to admit it. Why you ask, because there is nothing happening in their empty lives of any worth. They do little outside consuming things, making sure they are warm and comfortable, and thus feel no one understands them, and sense no one want to either, thus slowly being drawn down the plughole of thought and thinking, into the drain of suffering.

We all know what you really want, to be accepted, valued, even thought of being special by someone you can at least attempt to love. When I say love maybe a bit more than sex this time? Like helping to make someone else’s life better instead of your practice of making it worse. You must realise you are a male and however much you drink, smoke or have sex, real happiness is elusive if not momentary. One gets happiness through seeing the result of ones actions in the eyes and face of others. Seeing people happy to be with you, glad to talk with you, laugh with you, shows you what its really all about. On the other hand why change at all and remain a selfish self obsessed person slowly going to where we all know such people go, where they are transformed into fertiliser and thus help to do good through increasing plant growth thus adding to human happiness in absentia!!!

Until I read the above I was almost on the cusp of slashing me wrists..:hihi::hihi:

Having recently been sh*t upon by my ex (well, nearly 3 months ago now), I'm of the positive that she did me a huge favour.

Im not saying I am happy with my lot right now, but things are certainly improving in many respects, though a very rare ear condition I have is making life a bit less happy.

Life is what you make of it.

Archived