Savings during the recession

Found this out by accident.

I knew that getting a water meter was suppose to be cheaper but i thought it may be a con. Went over a year ago and my rateable council cost was £56 when on the meter it dropped from that to £28. When I was off sick and made redundent decided to be a little for fruggle. I started leaving the used bath water in and using it to flush the toilet. I have just got the bill for this next year and it has dropped to £6 per month.

This is for 2 people but I think that even if you have a family sure reductions can reduce the money you pay..

Does anyone else have any other savings.

I've just ordered a water meter, they are coming on the 22nd May to fit it. I have worked out that I should save between £150 to £200 per year. After it is fitted I then have 12 months to change my mind. If I change my mind within those 12 months I will revert back to un-metered water but the meter will stay in place so that the next owner of the house will automatically be put on to it.

Archived