Good quality karaoke / singer nights

tylrluc

I love singing and would like to sing more, but absolutely hate the typical cheesy karaoke nights - you know the ones with rubbish equipment and drunken idiots ??!!

Is there such a thing as a quality karaoke night anywhere is Sheffield? Where the person running it has decent equipment, the singers are sober and there is an appreciative / receptive audience? A more serious 'singers' night sort of thing.

I have looked at the open Mic nights, but don't play an instrument so would need the backing music.

Would be interested to know if any pubs run these type of evenings?

I love singing and would like to sing more, but absolutely hate the typical cheesy karaoke nights - you know the ones with rubbish equipment and drunken idiots ??!!

Is there such a thing as a quality karaoke night anywhere is Sheffield? Where the person running it has decent equipment, the singers are sober and there is an appreciative / receptive audience? A more serious 'singers' night sort of thing.

I have looked at the open Mic nights, but don't play an instrument so would need the backing music.

Open mic nights will usually play a disc for you. You can get discs made up

with up to 18 songs on (karaoke but it's a backing track if no screen) couple of quid each track, some pro singers use Zoom tracks as backing.

As for the Karaoke side of things, they will be better the more people go along and sing well, that encourages other to do the same so give it a try.

Hi, I run a decent karaoke night on Friday nights at The Sportsman, Barnsley road, Pro equipment, decent mics, man who knows what he's doing with sound (me ;-) , i've got years of experience doing sound for both my own and other bands ) nice friendly atmosphere, hand pulled beer at reasonable prices, it would be nice to see you there :-)

• 1 month later...

If you wanna sing with a live band we host a few jam nights around?

Thursday nights @ The Angel in Woodhouse

Wednesday nights @ The Station in Kiveton Park

First friday of every month @ Wales Jubilee Club

---------- Post added 03-06-2013 at 10:08 ----------

Get yourself down to them they're amazing:)

Since I last lived in Sheffield, it does seem that the karaoke stuff has really dropped off the radar! I'm lucky I guess cause I play guitar, but don't always want to take one out with me...

I might have a peek up at the Sportsman one friday then -I live nowhere near, but it's on a bus route at least...

I know of a couple at Woodseats as well - The Chantry and BigTree - but not sure what they're like any more.

I used to frequent the Nelson's but that's gone too...

Looks like it will be back to Open Mics for me when I have time and inclination to take a guitar out..

Since I last lived in Sheffield, it does seem that the karaoke stuff has really dropped off the radar! I'm lucky I guess cause I play guitar, but don't always want to take one out with me...

I might have a peek up at the Sportsman one friday then -I live nowhere near, but it's on a bus route at least...

I know of a couple at Woodseats as well - The Chantry and BigTree - but not sure what they're like any more.

Looks like it will be back to Open Mics for me when I have time and inclination to take a guitar out..

The sportsman in town does karaokes on wednesday nights...

I must point out though, as its a rock bar, dont expect people singing Celine Dionne etc, lol

The Royal Standard have an open mike night every Thursday + all the equipment is supplied so you wouldn't need to take your own guitar.

• 6 months later...

TRY THIS!

xmas karaoke disco from 8.30pm at the stag woodhouse.

xmas eve. karaoke with xmas themed fancy dress.

boxing night karaoke disco with xmas jumper themed fancy dress.

friday & saturday usual karaoke disco madness.

new years eve karaoke disco.

fancy dress - open theme come as you like but not naked!

No Tickets Required But Rights Of Admission Reserved At All Times.

• 3 weeks later...

Andy Jay used to run a great karaoke at the Nelson (and later at Casbah and The Howard). Anyone know if be still does any?

Archived