The Plough at Low Bradfield - now open again

sheffandy

Does anyone know if the plough has reopened yet? Thanks

Yes, opened Monday. Went early evening yesterday, menu is a slightly reduced version of the one at The Old Horns with one or two things that aren't available at the Horns. Decent food at reasonable prices.

Mr Godzilla and I went there for lunch today. Menu is standard pub fare - we had the lunch time 2 meals for a fiver deal. I had the gammon and pineapple with chips and peas and Mr G. had the cottage pie with veg. We had no reason to complain. The re-furb has made the place seem lighter and airier, and the beer garden area is larger and handy for eating outside. Mr G. had a pint of Farmers Blonde and I had a couple of glasses of the Pinot Grigio. Previously the wine was out of little bottles. Service was efficient and friendly. Is on my list of regular pub lunch places!

I went at the weekend, it was very nice pub fare - good quality for the prices. Just what you want from a pub, no pretensions!

Nice pint of Farmers Plough, there were several other Bradfield beers on tap.

There are hitherto undiscovered areas in there - they've opened up a couple of rooms that I'm sure weren't open before :suspect:

The only thing that was less than enjoyable was the carpet. It made my eyes go a bit funny walking across it :)

The Old Horns has some cracking staff, the girls are always pleasant and very obliging, so I am sure the new pub will be the same ...why are people so negative when things change ..move on will you ..I go in the Old Horns on a regular basis and if I am treated poorly I wouldn't return, as I don't suffer fools .. well done guys and good luck with the new venture

The Old Horns has some cracking staff, the girls are always pleasant and very obliging, so I am sure the new pub will be the same ...why are people so negative when things change ..move on will you ..I go in the Old Horns on a regular basis and if I am treated poorly I wouldn't return, as I don't suffer fools .. well done guys and good luck with the new venture

As I have found from experience, when a pub changes hands it either goes down hill or improves. The Plough can only get better, good luck to them for making it more approachable and less " stuffy "

Country pubs in great settings are often better on the outside.The Plough managed to feel like a good local, despite the fact that not many of the people drinking there were local.

Do they still do the magnificent chip butties as with the Plough of old?

Hard to beat after a long walk and with a pint or two of Blonde to wash them down. Hard to beat after a short walk from the car park now I think about it..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived