Does God Exist?

So where is your evidence, there is not 1 item of evidence that backs up the Bible, forget the reports of visions etc where is the tangable proof.

People go to church and other places of worship with a blind beleif that this book called the Bible and it's contents are 100% correct. Wake up and smell the coffee, it is a book written by so called scribes and their version of events and translated many times.

The 10 Commandments were cast in stone and knowhere to be seen, but accounts that were made on scrolls have existed.

Which do you think would last the test of time paper or stone.

It is difficult to dismiss evidence that is not there

So, you watch Time Team on TV and they find a bone here and a potsherd there, and you want the whole flaming shooting match!

Edited by Grahame

So, you watch Time Team on TV and they find a bone here and a potsherd there, and you want the whole flaming shooting match!

Not sure of your reply what has a bone found by the Time Team and a potsherd got to do with this subject.

Grahame I would love for you to show one peice of hard evidence, and I doubt you will ever be able to that.

The past is a myth with no back up.

Not sure of your reply what has a bone found by the Time Team and a potsherd got to do with this subject.

Grahame I would love for you to show one peice of hard evidence, and I doubt you will ever be able to that.

The past is a myth with no back up.

Were talking reality here, or at least I am. How many thousands of years are we going back. I presume you have looked at the website I pointed to? There is enough evidence there to hang a man ten times over if this was a court case.

Our sense of morality today, of what is 'good' and 'evil' is shaped entirely by religious teachings.

Partly shaped I'll grant you, but "entirely"? You're having a laugh.

Stilll, if you're admitting that you would be an immoral person without religion, best keep that faith of yours.

Our sense of morality today, of what is 'good' and 'evil' is shaped entirely by religious teachings.

Absolute rubbish!

Religious types cherry-pick teachings from their holy books which appear morally good today and ignore the ridiculous drivel.

Do you really think it is necessary to have divine instructions on how you should view your neighbour's donkey? Do you think we should keep slaves as long as we follow god's laws on how to treat them? Should we really not do anything on the sabbath?

When did we realise that rape was wrong because god never forbade it?

Do you think the high propensity of the clergy to molest children is because the holy teachings don't specifically forbid it, if so religious morality stinks!

Absolute rubbish!

Religious types cherry-pick teachings from their holy books which appear morally good today and ignore the ridiculous drivel.

Do you really think it is necessary to have divine instructions on how you should view your neighbour's donkey? Do you think we should keep slaves as long as we follow god's laws on how to treat them? Should we really not do anything on the sabbath?

When did we realise that rape was wrong because god never forbade it?

Do you think the high propensity of the clergy to molest children is because the holy teachings don't specifically forbid it, if so religious morality stinks!

I will just pull you up on this one thing out of many.

You surely know, and if you don't you have no right to be commenting, that the Bible is full of strictures against homosexuality and also against harming children. In other words everything you say is rubbish and it stinks.

Edited by Grahame

I will just pull you up on this one thing out of many.

If there are many errors please point out the others and I will discuss them with you one by one.

You surely know, and if you don't you have no right to be commenting, that the Bible is full of strictures against homosexuality and also against harming children. In other words everything you say is rubbish and it stinks.

I never mentioned homosexuality - that's your obsession.

Just tell me, if the ten commandments are supposed to be the basis for morality, which one forbids child molestation and which one forbids rape?

If there are many errors please point out the others and I will discuss them with you one by one.

I never mentioned homosexuality - that's your obsession.

Just tell me, if the ten commandments are supposed to be the basis for morality, which one forbids child molestation and which one forbids rape?

You were talking about male priests and male children. Your understanding of the Ten Commandments is zero and you know what, I'm not wasting my time on you.