Does God Exist?

Science gathered a lot of information from religion,and also sceptical scientists have investigated certain details written in the bible and come up with surprising results with regard to astronomy for instance. Remember if you look through history the teaching of science was inspired by religion and its early teaching institutions.

As for now I don't doubt there are conflicts with the religious in relation to some scientific theories, but what has surprised me when listening to discussion is that they're are many conflicts and contradictions among atheists who are knowledgeable on the subject too.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 23:36 ----------

I can assure you there is no fear attached to my faith.

I live life to the full anyway, even without belief I would be living the same way.

Can I ask you a you a question, why did you start this thread?

Cause i watched the Dispatches documentary 'Syria - Across The Line' and even though they were being slaughtered, all they talked about was the retribution that god was going to bring.

Instead of questioning where there god was to allow them to be annihilated, they relished the thought of dying to be closer to him.

Muslims use the phrase ' God Willing'......"god willing i will beat my enemies" but their families were being pulverized around them but still they believe.

Made me question.......if there is a god then why is he so cruel to the people who love him most?

Edited by Clown Shoes

Cause i watched the Dispatches documentary 'Syria - Across The Line' and even though they were being slaughtered, all they talked about was the retribution that god was going to bring.

Instead of questioning where there god was to allow them to be annihilated, they relished the thought of dying to be closer to him.

Muslims use the phrase ' God Willing'......"god willing i will beat my enemies" but their families were being pulverized around them but still they believe.

Made me question.......if there is a god then why is he so cruel to the people who love him most?

Questioning is never a bad thing! religion in complacency should always be disturbed by questioning.:)

Questioning is never a bad thing! religion in complacency should always be disturbed by questioning.:)

Your response, like religion, is disconcertingly vague.

I asked......."If there is a god then why is he so cruel to the people who love him most?"

And that is what you came back with. A riddle

Your response, like religion, is disconcertingly vague.

I asked.......if there is a god then why is he so cruel to the people who love him most?

And that is what you came back with. A riddle

If you have never experienced Gods love in your life ,then what you have described will always be a riddle.

Do you really honestly believe that every individual who is a believer that has experienced suffering (as we all have or will do at some stage) remains faithfull to a belief only out of fear,and that believers don't have those periods where they rage against God for the same reasons you do.

I don't understand why Jesus Christ had to die a horrible death on the cross either,but I believe he did,and and accept that there were reasons why without grasping a total understanding of it.

If you have never experienced Gods love in your life ,then what you have described will always be a riddle.

Do you really honestly believe that every individual who is a believer that has experienced suffering (as we all have or will do at some stage) remains faithfull to a belief only out of fear,and that believers don't have those periods where they rage against God for the same reasons you do.

I don't understand why Jesus Christ had to die a horrible death on the cross either,but I believe he did,and and accept that there were reasons why without grasping a total understanding of it.

Even though you haven't really answered the question i will move past it.

I believe that there was a man called Jesus who lived 2000 years ago but was he the son of god?

He made some very bold claims. Statements that even you Janie would not believe but because its from the past when you cant question it adds validity?

Jesus was a very brave & im sure wise man. But still a man. A man that even in his most painful moment and the end of his life was not saved by his father the almighty god.

Was that because he wasnt there, because he didnt exist?

Maybe Jesus regretted some of the things he said because god didnt come to his rescue.

But we'll never know, because he died like man. At the hand of man.

Even though you haven't really answered the question i will move past it.

I believe that there was a man called Jesus who lived 2000 years ago but was he the son of god?

He made some very bold claims. Statements that even you Janie would not believe but because its from the past when you cant question it adds validity?

Jesus was a very brave & im sure wise man. But still a man. A man that even in his most painful moment and the end of his life was not saved by his father the almighty god.

Was that because he wasnt there, because he didnt exist?

Maybe Jesus regretted some of the things he said because god didn't come to his rescue. Maybe Jesus regretted some of the things he said because god didn't come to his rescue. [/b]

But we'll never know, because he died like man. At the hand of man.

Maybe you are mistaken about Jesus having those regrets however frustrating it may feel sometimes not having absolute proof of that knowledge- and indeed all knowledge of the unfathomable . And I put it to you that faith however blind and ignorant it may appear to you goes much deeper then a need for the requirement of proof.

Maybe you are mistaken about Jesus having those regrets however frustrating it may feel sometimes not having absolute proof of that knowledge- and indeed all knowledge of the unfathomable . And I put it to you that faith however blind and ignorant it may appear to you goes much deeper then a need for the requirement of proof.

I wasnt asking about faith.

I was asking about proof of god.

Do you believe in life after death?

These are all fascinating, thought provoking theories.

But thats all they are. They are believes, perceptions & opinions.

Religion is based on fear. What could happen, what we dont know or what we dont understand.

However not one real incident of fact or evidence.

The Mayans believed that the sun was a god. But we now know that isnt true.

There was once the belief that if you sailed far enough you would fall off of the edge of the earth. We know that is not true.

What we dont know is what we havent discovered by science.

Billions have been killed over religion but its all hocus pocus really.

Just live life to the full cause its your last and there is nothing after.

There is so much wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.

Unfortunately I'm going on holiday in an hour and don't have time to respond but if this thread is still around when I get back I'll pick it apart for you.

While I don't believe in God I find arguments like yours basic to say the least, and you've already tripped yourself up on a couple of points. I think there's an 'atheist church' round here somewhere that you'd fit right into :suspect: