Does God Exist?

Because he would now be 1743 years old, and reindeer can't fly (it's something to do with the lack of wings I think, or running out of fairy dust or something).

jb

My point was that even some historical legends can contain an element of truth.

Implying that something may contain an element of truth is pretty weak sauce though for an argument

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 13:46 ----------

Atheism is based on the sort of reasoning applied by a good court of law:

This would be more accurate if it read "can be based on the sort of reasoning applied by a good court of law"

Edited by RootsBooster

Implying that something may contain an element of truth is pretty weak sauce though for an argument
Perhaps, but then I am not a sceptic who studies a source, and then reaches the conclusion that every detail of information in that study must be false and therefore dismisses every part of it because some parts of it appear incredulous.

Perhaps, but then I am not a sceptic who studies a source, and then reaches the conclusion that every detail of information in that study must be false and therefore dismisses every part of it because some parts of it appear incredulous.

Which parts of the Bible do you find incredulous?

Neither am I, nor am I someone who would accept something to be factual merely because there may be a chance it might contain some element of truth.

Indeed, but an element of proof doesn't mean there really is a guy in red suit flying round the planet on a reindeer driven sleigh every Christmas Eve dispensing presents.

jb

Indeed, but an element of proof doesn't mean there really is a guy in red suit flying round the planet on a reindeer driven sleigh every Christmas Eve dispensing presents.

jb

Stop trying to shatter my hopes.:hihi:

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 15:15 ----------

Neither am I, nor am I someone who would accept something to be factual merely because there may be a chance it might contain some element of truth.
Point taken.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 15:16 ----------

Which parts of the Bible do you find incredulous?
Aren't all of them credulous.

Atheism is entirely based off logical fallacies or false assumptions.

argument from ignorance:

"Lack of evidence that God exists indicates that the existence of God is unlikely"

That's not an argument from ignorance - it's perfectly rational.

The argument from ignorance world be "Lack of evidence that God exist proves that God doesn't exist", which would be silly.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps