How a battery driven hammer drill is organised inside

I look forward to being an old codger when the most pressing thing to think about is "how does drill work".

How do you know it`s the most pressing thing he thinks about? People that are "interested" tend to be interesting. He`s 76 and and still interested in technical stuff-good on you woolyhead.

I've got a cheap unit and the torque settings are inoperative when in hammer mode. Could be that more expensive models use different mechanisms for this area.

When drilling through masonry, the bit does not usually "snatch" like it does in other materials, so perhaps the clutch is not necessary.

How do you know it`s the most pressing thing he thinks about? People that are "interested" tend to be interesting. He`s 76 and and still interested in technical stuff-good on you woolyhead.

Thanks mart, carioso and everyone who tried to help. I think I've got the idea now. If I were to post about the most interesting thing I think about it would be AI but battery driven hammer drills will do for now.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 18:47 ----------

I look forward to being an old codger when the most pressing thing to think about is "how does drill work".

When will you become an old codger? When you are one, what sort of thing will interest you? What interests you now? Adding to what mart said, how do you presume to know so much about me? Are you psychic?

Archived